Kidney Day Today
Today mean March 10 is a kidney day. All over the India enjoying this day.
Kidney Day is celebrating every year. Every year, the Kidney Day focuses on a theme. It is the 6th Kidney Day .
Started in 2006 and since then growing up.
Themes on Kidney Day
This is a common view of themes of Kidney Day every year -
1. 2006: Are your kidneys OK?
2. 2007: Common, harmful and treatable
3. 2008: Amazing kidneys
4. 2009: Protect your kidneys: Keep your pressure down
5. 2010: Protect your kidneys: Control diabetes
6. 2011: Protect your kidneys: Save your heart
Objective of Kidney Day
1. To raise awareness about our "Kidneys".
2. To highlight that high blood pressure is key risk factor for Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
3. To educate all medical professionals about their role in detecting and reducing the risk of CKD.
4. To aware the people worldwide and also aware the govt. To this type of disease and help for the kidney failure cases.
5. To aware the people to donate their kidney in trouble.
Organisers of Kidney Day
1. International Society of Nephrology (ISN).
2. International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF).
3. The World Kidney Day Steering Committee.
Knowledge for Kidneys on Kidney Day
1. About our kidneys
The main job of our kidneys is to remove the extra quantity of water from our blood.
Kidneys also help to control our blood pressure, to produce red blood cells.
Roughly the size as soybeans, kidneys are located deep in the abdomen.
There are two kidneys in a human body.
Every day our kidneys carefully control the salt and water in our body so that your blood pressure remains the same.
2. Seven golden rules
Keeping fit and active.
Keep control on your blood sugar level
Monitor your blood pressure regularly
Eat healthy and keep your weight in check
Do not smoke
Do not take pills on a regular
Drink more water
3. Statistics of kidney failure
Via Diabetes: 40%
Via Blood Pressure: 20%
Via Genetics, Stone and Other reasons: 40%
No responses found. Be the first to comment...