Mumbai Metro Rail- Introduction
Mumbai is regarded to be the busiest among the transportation and in terms of commercial activities. Though heavy trading goes on, Mumbai also specializes itself in using the complete value of transportation services which are available to them. Apart from seeming population that has a rush in almost complete parts of the city, Mumbai also believes that there must be a handy system of transportation so that people can communicate through places to places within the cities without much chaos of being dubbed within the crowded trains and city buses.
In order to meet such evaluation, the Mumbai Metropolitan Region Development Authority(MMRDA) has given a good news to the local people of upbringing the Metro Rail System in Mumbai. According to the present situation, it was going difficult with regards to transportation facilities and the crowded trains that brought about a clear solution of introducing Mass Rapid Transits System(MRTS).
Advantages of Mumbai Metro Rail Development, Mumbai
1. Mumbai Metro Rail will lessen the load on Railway transport as well as on Road transport facility in Mumbai. This will bring about the atleast 1/4th of the total population towards itself.
2. The Mumbai Metro Rail system will be moreover very much economical and will be very much affordable for people who afford to have daily transport through it. It is very much financially friendly according to the population in Mumbai.
3. The most important fact is that, it is more reliable and more safer to depend upon as compared to any other transport system in Mumbai especially the Road Transport in Mumbai. It will help in clearing much traffic from the roads and trains with its introduction.
4. As compared to road transport in Mumbai, the Mumbai Metro Rail will reduce the time consumption factor too. The traffic depleted roads of Mumbai will somewhat be made to clear when Mumbai Rail Transport is brought about. This is significant and reluctant as compared to other modes of transport.
5. The Mumbai Metro Rail is very efficient in regards to transport system. Another factor where it has a good value is the reduction in terms of pollution in regards to heavy moving vehicles and Road Transport system in Mumbai. It will help in conserving the environment in a big way.
Main Motive of Mumbai Metro Rail Transport Systems, Mumbai
1. The basic role of bringing the Metro system in Mumbai is the introduction of transport passage to suburban areas of Mumbai which feel a gap from the extreme parts of Mumbai.
2. Bus System in Mumbai are not adequate enough to compile the strength of speading their networks across each and every corner of the city. People cannot only depend upon Road transport system for their entire future prospects, therefore Mumbai Metro Rail will bring about a change in meeting the satisfaction of transportation in Mumbai.
3. There could have been efforts to increase the length of transportation of roads, but according to the current growing population there seems no good result for pulling up the length of the roads, other than to bring forward the Mumbai Metro Rail for better future prospects.
4. Many isolated lands in Mumbai are not served with both Rail as well as Road Transport System in Mumbai. Mumbai Metro Rail, is deemed to provide the fastest growth and communication between such areas of locality to Mumbai which is the major motto for bringing the Metro Rail system in Mumbai.
Project Plan of Mumbai Metro Rail System
Looking into the troubles of transportation system in Mumbai, Governemnt of Maharashtra allowed MMRDA to explore such projects that will help in increasing transport through rapid transits system. In the last two to three decades, Mumbai has seen some problems regarding the transportation of common people, therefore the introduction of the Mass Rapid Transit System(MRTS) was introduced by implementing the Metro Rail into Mumbai. Through Indo-German technical alliance, it recommended the instinction of upbringing the economically and potentially perfect Metro Rail system in Mumbai. The plan was laid out by the Delhi Government that the network rail of Andheri-Ghatkopar must be extended upto Versova because of the technical traffic it generated all the time. It is recognized as the Master Plan of Mumbai Metro and has been designated on a Pubic-Private Partnership Firms.
Various Phases of Mumbai Metro Rail System
It is estimated that there will be different phases that are to be constructed under some guidance of some teams with a total length of about 146.5 kilometers and approximately the costs of the development might go upto 19.5 crores.
The Phase-I of Mumbai Metro Railincludes the following development of corridors:
1. Versova - Andheri – Ghatkopar - 11.07 km (Construction started)
2. Dahisar (E) - Charkop - Bandra - Mankhurd - 39.2 km
3. Colaba - Bandra - Airport - 30 km
The Phase-I has been redirected under the joint alliance of Anil Dhirubhai Ambani's- Reliance Energy Limited(REL) with Veolia Transport Coperation system along with MMRDA. This section is guided under them and the requisite costs will be shared among Central and State Government alliance team.
The Phase-II of Mumbai Metro Rail includes the development of corridor:
1. Charkop - Dahisar - 7.5 Km
2. Ghatkopar – Mulund - 12.4 Km
The Phase-III of Mumbai Metro Rail includes:
1. BKC - Kanjur Marg via Airport - 19.5 Km
2. Andheri(E) - Dahisar(E) - 18 Km
3. Hutatma Chowk – Ghatkopar - 21.8 Km
4. Sewri – Prabhadevi - 3.5 Km
More articles: Mumbai Metro Railways
No responses found. Be the first to comment...