ICC Cricket World Cup 2011
About ICC Cricket World Cup
India, Bangladesh and Sri lanka will host the Tenth Cricket World Cup "ICC Cricket World Cup 2011" . The World cup matches have been scheduled between February'10 and April'10. The headquarters of Organizing Committee of this world cup is located in Mumbai.
Logo of ICC Cricket World Cup 2011
Matches Allocation between Host Countries
1. 29 matches will be hosted by India across 8 venues. (Including one Semi Final and Final)
2. 12 matches will be hosted by Sri Lanka across 3 venues (Including one Semi Final)
3. 8 Matches will be hosted by Bangladesh across 2 venues.
4. Opening Ceremony will be hosted by Bangladesh on 17-Feb-10
Revised Format of Matches
1. 14 Teams will participate in ICC Cricket World Cup 2011.
2. 14 Teams will be divided in 2 groups, 7 teams for each group.
3. 7 Teams in a group will play each other once
4. Top four Teams from each will be selected for Quarter Finals.
5. Knockout stage starts from Quarter Final matches.
6. Winning 4 Teams from Quarter finals will be selected for Semi Finals
7. Winning 2 Teams from Semi Finals will be selected for Finale match.
Qualified Teams for ICC Cricket World Cup 2011
2. South Africa
7. Sri Lanka
9. New Zealand
Mascot of CC Cricket World Cup 2011
Venues of ICC Cricket World Cup 2011
Venues in India
1. Eden Gardens, Kolkatta - Seating Capacity is 82000
2. Feroz Shah Kotla, New Delhi – Seating Capacity is 48000
3. Sardar Patel Stadium, Ahmedabad - Seating Capacity is 50000
4. M. A. Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai - Seating Capacity is 46000
5. Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai - Seating Capacity is 45000
6. Punjab Cricket Association Stadium, Mohali - Seating Capacity is 35000
7. Vidarbha Cricket Association Stadium, Nagpur – Seating Capacity is 45000
8.M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru - Seating Capacity is 42000
Venues in Sri Lanka
1. Pallekele International Cricket Stadium, Kandy – Seating Capacity is 35000
2.R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo – Seating Capacity is 35000
3.Suriyawewa Stadium, Hambantota - Seating Capacity is 33000
Venues in Bangladesh
1. Chittagong Divisional Stadium, Chittagong - Seating Capacity is 20000
2. Sher-e-Bangla Cricket Stadium, Dhaka - Seating Capacity is 35000
Semi Final Venues
Ist Semi Final - R. Premadasa Stadium, Colombo, Sri Lanka
2nd Semi Final - R. Premadasa Stadium, Mohali, India
Final Match Venue
Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai, India
Trophy of ICC Cricket World Cup 2011
Group A Teams in ICC Cricket World Cup 2011
4. New Zealand
6. Sri Lanka
Group B Teams in ICC Cricket World Cup 2011
6. South Africa
7. West Indies
Click Here for detailed schedule
More articles: ICC world cup 2011
No responses found. Be the first to comment...