Introduction to Barog, Solan:
On your journey from Parwanoo towards Shimla you will come across a beautiful place surrounded by pine woods known as Barog. The historic Kalka Shimla railway line also touches through Barog and toy train also finds a small stoppage at Barog railway Station. Barog is situated at an altitude of about 1531 metres (5024 feet) above the sea level. Surrounding pine woods makes the place Barog pretty cool throughout the year. Summers are moderate in barog with temperature rising to the maximum of 35 degree Celsius while winters are very cool with temperature falling down to 0 degree Celsius.
Famous tourist spots in and around Barog, Solan:
1. A 4 km long tunnel in Barog and Barog Railway Station which has been the witness of historic Kalka Shimla Toy Train for so many years.
2. The Soaln town is just 10 kms from Barog and one can easily pay homage to famous temples like Shoolini Devi, Devi Durga, Narasingh and the Sanatan Dharam one.
3. The famous church in Chambaghat is just 12 kms from Barog.
4. One of the famous universities of Himachal, Forestry and Horticulture University at Nauni is just 16kms from Barog.
5. Buddhist Dolanji Bon Monastery is 18 kms from Barog.
6. Jatoli village and Lord Shiva temple located at a distance of 15 kms.
7. Rajgarh at a distance of 53 kms from Barog.
Hotel Pinewood in Barog is one of the finest hotels for the tourists visiting this place. Hotel Pinewood is the self-contained destination resort.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...