K. K. Wagh Institute of Engineering Education & Research
K. K. Wagh Institute of Engineering Education & Research (Formerly K. K. Wagh College of Engineering) was established in the year 1984 at Bhausahebnagar and shifted to Nashik City in September 1986. Shri Kakusheth Udesi of Hirabai Hansraj Charitable Trust, Mumbai generously donated a land of 8.2 hectares. The Education Society started building infrastructure at this campus (known as Hirabai Haridas Vidyanagari) in the year 1987.
The Institute is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi and Government of Maharashtra. It is affiliated to University of Pune. The Government of Maharashtra has adjudged the Institute as Grade 'A'. NBA-AICTE, New Delhi has accredited Six Courses.
The Institute is offering three PG courses M.E. Production (Manufacturing & Automation), M.E. CIVIL (STRUCTURE) and M.E. ELECTRICAL (CONTROL SYSTEMS).
Post Graduation Courses
1. M.E. Production (Manufacturing & Automation)
Production Engineering is a combination of Manufacturing Technology with Management Science.
Production Engineering is taught a more wider spectrum of Engineering, why Engineering alone? He/ she
is made aware of the management challenges related to Production that go to long way in mending his
style of looking at problems in Industries.
Production Engineer learns more about Casting, Joining processes, Forming processes, Metal Cutting & Tool Design, Metrology, Kinematics of Manufacturing Machines, Machine Tools, Manufacturing systems,Automation, Jigs & Fixtures, Die & Mould Design with almost single separate subject in all these aboveprocesses.
In an Industry, once the design comes to effect, a Production Engineering concept regarding Work study, Ergonomics, Operation Research, Manufacturing Management, Materials Management, Production Planning etc. which are neatly polished off on the course content under separate subject heads that come
handy in accomplishing the production in smoothest, judicious & economical way.
Thus a Production Engineer is like a double gun sound in technical as well as management part of an industry.
2. M.E. CIVIL (STRUCTURE)
The Department of Civil Engineering is one of the oldest academic departments in the institute. In addition to the well developed undergraduate programme of B.E. in Civil Engineering, the Department
offers Master of Engineering programme in Structural Engineering. The department also received approval as Research Centre in the academic year 2008-09.
The area of Structural Engineering is growing fast with new developments taking place in structural design as well as construction practice. The post-graduate programme in structural engineering at this
institute comprises of qualified and motivated faculty as well as modern computational and experimental facilities. Currently, the focus of this programme is on the analytical, computational and experimental aspects of structural analysis and design. All students carry out research work for a period of one year in their Major project.
3. M.E. ELECTRICAL (CONTROL SYSTEMS)
M.E. Electrical programme with specialization in Control Systems includes advanced topics in Control Engineering and students are exposed to latest software in the field of design, simulation and automation and take up Dissertation work related to industrial problems. Department of Electrical
Engineering is recognized Research Center of University of Pune. The programme also provides an opportunity for the students to develop research attitude and application of advanced problems solving techniques.
* Candidates will be considered for the admission on merit, based on total marks secured, out of 100 marks as indicated below.
Entrance Test 70 marks
Interview 30 marks
* Candidate securing less than 40 marks out of 100 shall not be eligible for admission.
* If the total performance of the candidates is comparable, then the preference shall be given for the admission to the candidate who are GATE qualified and those who are serving in Engineering College, Polytechnic and Industry, in that order.
Stipend / Scholarship
* Sponsored candidates will not be eligible for any Stipend / Scholarship. All the rules and regulation regarding stipend/scholarship to GATE candidates will be as per AICTE directives received from time to time.
* No reservation is provided in the sponsored category. However preference will be given to
reserved category in case of equal merit.
* Entrance test will be conducted as per the schedule prepared by the institute.
* The syllabus for the entrance test will be the UG syllabus of relevant branch as prescribed byUniversity of Pune.
* The entrance test will be conducted at Department of Electrical Engineering, K. K. Wagh Institute of Engineering Education & Research, Nashik.
ADMISSION & ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
A) ME Production (Manufacturing and Automation)
* B. E. / B. Tech. degree in Production / Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Sandwich/Production Sandwich or equivalent (as considered by Pune University). Preference will be given to candidates possessing valid GATE score in relevant branch.
B) ME Civil (Structure)
* B. E. / B. Tech. degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent (as considered by Pune University). Preference will be given to candidates possessing valid GATE score in relevant branch.
C) ME Electrical (Control Systems)
* B. E. / B. Tech. degree in Electrical Engineering/Electrical & Power/ Electronics/ Electronics &
Telecommunication/ Instrumentation or equivalent (as considered by Pune University). Preference
will be given to candidates possessing valid GATE score in relevant branch.
1) Diploma holders who have passed section A & B examinations of Institution of Engineers (India),
Kolkata and possessing valid GATE score are also considered eligible for admission to M.E. Degree
courses in the respective branches.
2) Admission will be effected according to the merit list prepared on the basis of valid GATE Score in
the respective branch only. GATE Score of one branch will not be valid for admission in another
3) In case, GATE qualified candidates from General Category & SC/ST are not available, the admission
will be offered based on the merit list prepared after Institute test / interview to NON-GATE
candidates who have applied and qualified.
4) Candidate claiming to belong to reserved category will be required to produce a caste certificate,
caste validity certificate, Income Certificate, Non Creamy Layer certificate (if applicable) to that
effect from appropriate authorities.
5) The admission will be given based on common merit list prepared.
6) Scholarship will be provided to non-sponsored GATE candidate only according to rules of AICTE, as
per availability of funds from AICTE, New Delhi. The scholarship will continue to be received
provided candidate fulfills the conditions prescribed by AICTE, from time to time.
* Candidates who possess Bachelor's degree in the respective or allied branch of
Engineering/Technology with at least 55% marks will be eligible for admission to the course.
* In addition to the above, the candidate will have to fulfill the eligibility requirements prescribed by
University of Pune, if any.
* The candidate must have minimum of 2 years of full time work experience in a registered firm /
company / industry / educational and / or research institute / any Government Department or
Government Autonomous Organization in the relevant field.
* A letter from the employer must be furnished stating that the candidate is being sponsored to seek
admission to the postgraduate degree program (Refer Appendix 'A'). The employer should also
indicate that the candidate will not be withdrawn midway till the completion of the course. The
candidate will be fully under the administrative control of the institute for the period of the course.
* Only those employed candidates who, at the time of admission, are permitted by their respective
organizations referred above will be eligible for claiming seats under sponsored category.
* Sponsored candidates will be required to appear for Institute Test/Interview along with the NONGATE
candidate and a common merit list will be prepared.
Contact Details :
Karmaveer Kakasaheb Wagh Education Society's
KARMAVEER KAKASAHEB WAGH INSTITUTE OF
ENGINEERING EDUCATION & RESEARCH
Hirabai Haridas Vidyanagari, Amrut Dham, Panchavati, NASHIK-422 003, (Maharashtra).
Ph. No.(0253) 2516671,2512876,Fax-2511962,2621183, 2518870
Mail: [email protected] / [email protected]
No responses found. Be the first to comment...