M.B.A. (Hospital Management) DEGREE EXAMINATION, DECEMBER 2009.
Time : Three hours Maximum : 100 marks
SECTION A — (5 * 8 = 40 marks)
Answer any FIVE questions.
1. Write the nature of health economics.
2. What do you understand by health market?
3. Explain the sources of finance for public and clinical services.
4. Explain elasticity of demand. State its importance.
5. Explain briefly about the health care Economic Analysis.
6. Discuss the pattern of health care finance with example in under developed countries.
7. Discuss ''HDI''.
8. What do you understand by Cost benefit analysis?
SECTION B — (4*15 = 60 marks)
Answer any FOUR questions.
9. Define health . State the different dimensions of health.
10. What is meant by value of money in health? How it is determined?
11. Explain the Law of diminishing marginal utility. What is its relation to the law of demand?
12. Explain the reasons for changes in supply.
13. What is utility analysis? Explain the various stages in utility analysis.
14. Discuss the role of Government in economic development.
15. State the functions of primary health centre in India.