Tourist places of Murshidabad in West Bengal
The city Murshidaba lying just east of the Bhagirathi River consisiting many famous religious place, Historic palace and many monuments for tourist. Tourist can observe Hazaarduari Palace, Imambara, Ktra Mosque, Khosh Bagh, Katgola, Wasef Manzil, Jahan Kosha cannon, and many more. About these beautifull structures are described below...
The year 1717's capital of Bengal, Murshidabad was relocated by Nawab Murshid Quli Khan the Nawab of Bengal, Bihar and Orissa. This area has a very rich historical and cultural fundamentals. This sites for tourists Situated on the banks of river Bhagirathi. This place fascinitates itself with many gardens, tombs, mosques and in the surrounding regions that bring to life the Golden Ages of the place.
Lalbagh is refered a part of the city of Murshidabad those combinedly hold most of the legendry dedication that attracts visitors everytime. After that in 1773, British shifted the capital to Kolkata. The head quarter of Murshidabad is located at Berhampore. The place always attracts its visitors with centurial old monuments and demand in making sarees and scarves.
The palace with a thousand doors is the great tourist attraction of Murshidabad. Out of them it has 900 real doors and 100 doors of imagination with 114 rooms and 8 galleries. An Bengal Engineer General Duncan McLeod built this palace in 1837. It consists of a banquet hall lined with mirrors and a circular Durbar Hall. It is situated near the northern bank of the Bhagirathi River which is also named the Nizamat Fort.
The total covering of 41 acres, this is now becoming a museum containing collection of armoury, splendid paintings, exhaustive portraits of the Nawabs, various works of arts. It also consists of a big library wiyh more than 10, 000 books among them are some illuminated Korans. It is known from the saying that it took 17 years to stand completely as a palace. The most attraction in this fort is the main building material with Italian marble. The total cost of 1.8 million rupees invested in this building. The palace is 24.4 m. high, with a 129.5 m. x 61 m. girth. Oil paintings of all the Muslim Nawabs of Bengal including Murshid Kuli Khan (1704 - 1725), Shuja Khan (1725 - 1739), Alivardi Khan (1740 - 1756), Mir Jafar (1757 - 1760) and Mir Kasim (1760 - 1763) are featured in this museum. The personal usefull items are also exhibited here.
Katra mosque is about 200 km from and one and half km. from Murshidabad Railway station on the Lalgola road of Berhampore. This huge structure built by Nawab Murshidkuli Khan in the time of 1723-25 as a quality example of medieval Muslim architecture in Bengal. The gigantic buiding of two 22 metre high Minar with its vast domes of 15 metre in diameter and elevated minarets is one of the most significant traveler attractions.
A simple memorial park of Nawab also fascinates its beauty for tourists. Recently Tourism Department of the Government of West Bengal installed the techniques colored lights of different colours on the imposing domes was really awosome.
The 1847's creation Nizamat Imambara is located parallel to the north side of the Hazarduari palace. This palace is meant for the residence for the IMAM. The Imambara is initially an Indian institution that originated in the 18th century. Safdar Jung during 1708-54 built a house at Delhi for celebrating the ashura, the tenth day of Muharram, but the building was not called Imambara.
The Imambara is also called as ashura khana in northern India. Nawab Nazim Mansoor Ali Khan Feradun Jah, son of Humayun Jah invested a cost of 6 lakhs in this construction. After destroying by fire it took only 11 months to reconstruct this. Actually There are a number of Imambaras in West Bengal, among them another at Hughli are notable. It is the largest in Bengal as well in India.
Kathgola is placed at Mahimapur which is half a km. north of Nasipur palace. The most attracting site Kathgola is the palace garden of Raja Dhanpat Singh Dugar and Lakshmipat Singh Dugar. Famous Adinath temple attracts visitors since 1873. A Parswanath Temple in the garden house of a Jain merchant is also situated at Kathgola. Harreck Chand was the builder of this beautifull Adinath temple. It still maintain its attraction though some of its glory has been lost. This shows an unique typical beauty of Jainas culture and custom. The particular scenario and environment of this temple garden provides a cool plesant to the restfull visitors.