Getting Building Plan Sanctioned at Kolkata Municipal Corporation: Documents required

Do you want to know what documents are to be produced for building plan sanction application to Kolkata Municipal Corporation? Find out more about building plan sanction documents here that you need to submit to KMC.

Are you building your own house? Or, are you a promoter, building an apartment? To get your building plan sanctioned through the Kolkata Municipal Corporation, you need to furnish certain documents along with your plan. However, many us do not know which documents we need to submit with building plan for sanction of plan through Kolkata Municipality; and that is why the work is unnecessary delayed. The procedure of getting building plan sanctioned by KMC therefore seems to be a long and tiring process, where the officials are always ready to harass you! Not at all. In fact, most of us need to visit KMC repeatedly because we do not have all the necessary documents properly. If you have this check list with you, and duly attach these documents with building plan to KMC, there should be no problem. Check them out!

Documents to submit for building plan sanction to Kolkata Municipality

  • Three sets or photocopies of the original building plan

  • Building Application Form (Quantity 1 and 2)

  • Tax Bill or Assessment Book Record

  • Tax Clearance Certificate from Kolkata Municipal Corporation or paid tax bill for last quarter.

  • No Objection Certificate From Calcutta Improvement Trust

  • Observation of Survey And Valuation Department

  • Indemnity Bond of Rs. 50/- and if ht. >8.0m and the another of Rs. 10/-
    Affidavit (Quantity –2) [IFU (B) & U.L.C. ]

  • Land Ceiling Clearance Certificate

  • Application Annexure – A to D

  • F.A.R. Calculation Sheet Showing:-
    (i) Details of Area
    (ii) Calculation of Car Parking Areas

  • Certified Copy and Original Receipt Of Registration Of Free Gift of land for Splayed portion as required Under Sec. 405

  • Appeal for conditional Sanction

  • Legality of Existing Structure

  • Registered Undertaking For Rehabilitation of The Existing Tenant(S)

  • Boundary Declaration

  • Copy of Deed & Deed Plan

  • Soil Investigation Report

  • Structural Design Calculation

  • Declaration /Undertakings:
    (i) Declaration for throwing of land strip for passage widening
    (ii) Registered Undertaking for Common Passage with Original Receipt of Registration
    (iii) Certificate of Structural Engineer of the Party
    (iv) West Bengal Fire Service Report
    (v) Observation of Ex. Engineer (Drainage)
    (vi) Registered declaration for transfer of affected portion of Land due to Enforced Alignment.
    (vii) Affidavit for Proposed Regular Line


  • Do not include your name, "with regards" etc in the comment. Write detailed comment, relevant to the topic.
  • No HTML formatting and links to other web sites are allowed.
  • This is a strictly moderated site. Absolutely no spam allowed.
  • Name: