Breakfast recipe Akki Roti (Arisi Adai)
Akki roti or Arisi adai is a breakfast recipe of Tamilnadu. This is a roti made using rice flour. Read the article to know the preparation method of akki roti.
Ingredients for making Akki Roti
Rice flour - 1 cup
Onion - 1 cup finely chopped
green chilli- 1 finely chopped
A bunch of coriander leaves
salt as required
cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp.
Fresh grated coconut - 2 tbsps
Water for mixing the dough
Oil as required
Method for preparing Akki Roti
1. Mix the rice flour with all the above ingredients, sprinkle water as required and make a dough just like you do for chappati.
2. Divide this dough into small balls as required.
3. Heat a dosa tava add oil and place 1 dough ball and pat this into a round shape in the form of chappati.
4. Make small holes by pricking with a knife and smear oil on the holes.
5. Close the roti with a lid.
6. Open the lid and just turn the roti when it is cooked.
7. Now the akki roti is ready to be served with coconut chutney.