Tamilnadu variety rice recipe: Curd rice
Tamilnadu special curd rice tastes well and is preferred more than the ordinary curd rice because of its rich taste. Kids love this seasoned curd rice and is also good for health. This is the best food for this summer season.
Ingredients needed to make Special curd rice
Raw rice - 1 cup
Curd- 1 cup
Milk – 1 cup
Capsicum finely chopped – 2 tbsp
Tomatoes finely chopped – 1
Carrots finely chopped – ½ a carrot
Chopped cucumber -2 tbsp
Small onions finely chopped - A handful
Ginger – 1 tbsp
Green chillies – 1
Oil – 1 tsp
Mustard – ¼ tsp
Method for making Tamilnadu special curd rice
1. Cook the rice in a pressure cooker adding some extra amount of water so that it is well-cooked.
2. Cool the rice and add milk and mash well.
3. Next add curd and needed salt.
4. Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard when it splutters, add ginger and green chillies, then add all the grated vegetables and saute well.
5. Add this mixture to the curd rice and mix well.
6. Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Yummy curd rice is ready to be served with Mavadu.
Note: Add a little butter, a tbsp of pomegranates if you prefer. You can also add boondi on the top.