You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Games & Sports

2023 ICC Women's T20 World Cup - Go, Team India!

The ongoing 2023 ICC Women's T20 World Cup is quite interesting. Our team won the opening two matches, but unfortunately faltered in the match against England. Despite a superb five-wicket haul by pacer Renuka, and some sensible batting by Smriti and Richa, poor batting from others led to defeat. While we may not have the going tough against Ireland today, with England finishing at the top of our Group, India will be meeting the defending champions Australia in the next stage. We had hoped to avoid this clash by topping the Group, but now it seems inevitable.

A wonderful achievement was by Deepti Sharma in the ongoing competition. The all-rounder is not only the sole India cricketer to have played more than 50 consecutive ODI and T20 matches, she also is the first Indian cricketer to bag 100 wickets in T20 internationals. Next in the queue to reach this feat is Poonam Yadav, with 98, and Yuzvendra Chahal is some way behind with 91. Howzzat! Way to go ladies!

Let us cheer the Women in Blue!

I will organize a fun Make A Prediction (MAP) guessing game for the semifinals and finals 2023 ICC Women's T20 World Cup, where you have to predict what I will ask (such as who will bat firs, which bowler will take the most wickets, etc). Each MAP will be announced a day before the match. Stay tuned!
    First ICC women T20 was held in England in 2009. There were 8 teams that participated in it. Presently there are 10 teams - India, Ireland, England, Pakistan, South Africa, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, West Indies, Australia, and Newzealand.
    Women's T20 tournament is attracting much media coverage and many cricket lovers are keenly watching these matches.
    Today we have two matches starting at 6:30 PM, Indian Standard Time. One match is between England and Pakistan while other is between South Africa and Bangladesh.
    Based on the result of today's matches one of these teams will play against Australia tomorrow.

England defeated Pakistan by a huge margin. Against the massive score of 213, Pakistan could make just 99. In the other game, South Africa defeated Bangladesh, not losing a single wicket in chasing the total of 114 to win. So South Africa advanced to the semifinal, and will meet England on the 24th, while India will meet Australia tomorrow. I think both the matches will be very exciting!

Yesterday (23.02.23), the match between India and Australia was very interesting. Australia won the match with a narrow win but India played well.
    With this Australia becomes eligible to play with the winner of the match scheduled for today (24.02.23) between England and South Africa. So chances of Australia coming up are bright.

I feel our fielding let us down. The poor shot by Jemima and the run-out by the captain were the two major turning points. This match could have been won by the Women in Blue. Anyway, some credit for putting up a fight and losing by a narrow margin.

Now let's see if the hosts defeat England in the other semifinal and make it to their first ever final.

I would say that it was a neck to neck match and the margin by which Australia won is very small. Indian women cricket team is having much potential and in cricket many times chance factor also plays a part.
    I hope Indian team will perform better in the coming times in the international matches. I feel proud of team India and wish them good luck in future matches.

Yes, I agree our team has a lot of potential and one day we'll definitely have that trophy! I read a report that the management's decisions have affected the team's coaching, with a constant change in the coaches. The report spoke about how other teams approach it in a very professional manner, and retain their coaches and support staff for a long duration. It does make sense to have consistency instead of the regular chop-and-change methods.

In the second semifinal, again, it was a close match, with South Africa winning by six runs. Their batters first did very well to put up a good score, and thought this was not a tough score for England, the South African bowlers did an excellent job at crucial points of the game, taking key wickets. I'm glad they reached the final and am going to root for them.

On Sunday (26.02.2023) Australian women cricket team played well and won comfortably over South Africa . With this they became three times winner in T20 world cup. A great achievement in deed. Well done team Australia.

• Sign In to post your comments