You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you remember some interesting incident of your childhood?

There are some memories of our childhood that we never forget.
    When I was in my school then my mother took me to her friend's house. They were Tamilian and stayed in our town for 3-4 years and then they got transferred to some other town. The house lady who was my mother's friend offered us Upma. That was the first time that I ate Upma. From its appearance I thought it was Rava pudding. So when I tasted it I cried loudly - Mummy, there is salt in it.
    Our hosts were embarassed but my mother explained them that it was not a dish made in our house and children were not knowing about it.
    Do you also remember some interesting incident or memory of your childhood? Please share.
    I was hoping some good responses to this post but so far none. Anyway, I am pulling up this post in the feed so that it is much more visible to the members and visitors.

There are many interesting incidents in my childhood. But all of them do not come to recall on demand.

The one which comes to my mind now is one which actually put me in a weak spot and a shy situation then, but is a thing to laugh and enjoy now.
    It was when I was in class3 in the local primary school. I was staying with my maternal grandparents. That day morning my mother had come to visit us after a gap of some months I was so excited and invited my best friend to met my mother. In the evening, after school we two came to my home. I was extremely excited and very proudly introduced my best friend to my mother and my mother to my friend. He was given coffee and the biscuits and other snacks my mother had brought for me. After all over, when my friend was leaving, he pause as if remembering something important and said 'I want to say an important thing. Today Venkiteswaran got a beating from our class teacher".

I was shell shocked and froze. I felt like a pierced balloon. My ego and self pride vanished and I was red in face. I stood ashamed. When he found curious inquisitive look on he faces of my mother and grandmother he took the responsibility to clarify and explained that it was for not listening to the teacher but talking to the next bench friend.
    My mother and grandmother laughed and looking at me said' you naughtiness is becoming more .Let me see your class teacher tomorrow. I will tell her to be more strict with you".( My grand mother and my class teacher met everyday morning at the bathing ghat in the nearby river where I and grandmother went for bathing. That way I was my teacher's pet and she took more liberty and care on me as a mother).

I am still not clear as to why should he tell my people about the beating I got when I was treating him as my chief guest? Was it not a sadist behaviour of him?

Very interesting incident. Your friend probably wanted to communicate with your family members but was not sure what to talk and in that frenzy chose the matter that must had baffled you.
    Sometimes such embarrassments happen in our life and we remember them for lifetime.

• Sign In to post your comments