You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

R.I.P. Calendar - Satish Kaushik tributes

Do you remember the very lovable Calendar in Mr. India who spread a lot of love and affection for all the kids in the film? It was sad to know of his sudden demise yesterday due to a heart attack. Indeed, the film fraternity and many of his personal friends are shell-shocked. In real life, too, he was known to be a kindhearted, lovable human being.

R.I.P. Calendar. Our condolences to his family.

Share your favourite character played by this wonderful star.
    A sad news. Satish Kausik was a good actor and worked in cinema as well as theatre. He later became a director.
    As actor, his roles as 'Calendar' in Mr. India, as Pappu Pager in Deewana Mastana, and as 'Chanu Ahmed' in Sarah Gavron's British film - Brick Lane were much popular.
    He won the Filmfare Best Comedian Award two times - In 1990 for Ram Lakhan and in 1997 for Saajan Chale Sasural.
    He wrote dialogues for Hindi films. His initial movies which he directed did not do well on the box office but later his direction in 'Hum Aapke Dil Mein Rehte Hain' (1999) was a hit.
    He was the co-writer and anchor of TV show - Philips Top Ten and he won the Screen Videocon Award for it.
    I pray God for peace and solace for his soul.

A piece of sad news. Satish Kaushik very popularly known as Calendar is no more. I have seen two of his best films namely Ram Lakhan and Saajan Chale Sasural. He did an excellent job as a comedian and won Filmfare awards. His demise is a big loss to the industry. My condolences to his family and I pray to God to see that he will attain Moksha. Ome Shanthi.

• Sign In to post your comments