You must Sign In to post a response.
Highest GST paid in April 2023. Rs 1.87 Lakh Crore!
  • Category: Finance & Money Matters

Highest GST collected in April 2023 - Rs 1.87 lakh crore

Indian business community has been paying the highest ever tax in recent months. In this forum post get to know the highest GST paid in April 2023.

In the biggest feat ever, the business community of India has paid the highest Goods and Service Tax ever paid to day.

As reported by the Finance Ministry of India, the GST collections for April 2023 have been Rupees 1.87 Lakh Crore. This has been the highest amount ever collected under GST, to date.

When compared with that of April 2022, the total GST collections are more by Rs 19,495 crore. Interestingly, GST collected under the heading of IGST is more than Rs 89,158 crore, while that of CGST is Rs 38,440 and SGST is Rs 47,412 crore.

The Cess collected is Rs 12,025 crore. Cess is the amount paid on high-end goods and services which are also considered as luxury.

With such consecutive increases in the number of people paying GST, income tax and direct taxes, the government is expecting another 12% increase in tax collection for Financial Year 2023.

Are you also contributing to Goods and Service Tax for India? Share your thoughts on the Indirect tax payments to the country.
    It is good to note that GST collections are increasing. There may be two reasons. One is sales might have increased. Another one is more receipts are being collected by the customers. Now even small business people also are declaring their turn over paying minimum GST. This is a very good sign.
    The buyers also are getting awareness and asking for bills from the shops. Another point is organised sales are increasing. What I mean is malls and corporate outlets are making good business and in these shops, all transactions will be with bill only and no material will go out with a bill.
    My purchases are all from Malls like More or D Mart etc. So I will be getting bills from them and that means I am also contributing for GST.
    If all taxes are paid properly and the government uses that money for the growth of the country without any corruption we may see a different India in another 5 to 10 years I feel.

• Sign In to post your comments