You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Culture & Festivals

Happy International Yoga Day to all members

Today is the 9th International Yoga Day. Yoga is a gift from India to the world. The present central government of India is taking an interest in popularising the importance of yoga and the benefits that can be derived from it.

This year the theme of this Day is 'Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam. In other words, it is trying to popularise the concept of Global Villages. The meaning of 'Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam,' is One Earth. One Future. One Family.

The live celebrations of Yoga Day at the United Nations (UN) headquarters will be spearheaded by our Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Delegates from over 180 nations will be participating in these events, I understand. Let us understand the importance of Yoga and practice the same every day so that maximum benefits can be derived from it. I wish a happy Yoga Day to all the members of this village.
    Yoga is being embraced as a lifestyle by many people in many countries around the globe and getting popular day by day.
    I also take this opportunity to wish everyone a happy international yoga day.

Yoga is not a new one to our nation but is from the period of Patanjali, a saint. Till date the importance of yoga was understood by people and leaf-hide but the same is brought out by our Prime Minister to the light. He also not insisted but brought to the knowledge of our people. Those who interested can catch hold the idea and get the benefit of Yoga for their own benefit. It is a kind of meditation and the benefit of this cannot be said in words as one taste cannot be expressed in words but can be felt by their own taste. Similar to that if one follows the yoga in his/her daily life, then he never come out of its taste. However, if we sit for yoga our children will also get started and benefited in their tiny age.

I wonder how many people practice yoga on a daily basis and not just once every few weeks or months, and then suddenly are a part of Yoga Day just for a photo-op and social media post!

In fact, we often take up some hobby or activity out of interest and then abandon it, either finding that it bores us or that we don't really have that much time for it. In the case of activities like yoga, walking, stretching, etc we know it will be good for our health, but still find excuses to avoid them!!

• Sign In to post your comments