You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Maharashtra

Ajit Pawar Sworn in as Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra

Ajit Pawar, a senior leader of the Nationalist Congress Party (NCP), was sworn in as Deputy Chief Minister of Maharashtra on July 2, 2023. He took the oath along with Eknath Shinde, who is the new Chief Minister of the state.

Pawar's appointment as Deputy Chief Minister came as a surprise to many, as he had been seen as a potential challenger to Shinde for the top post. However, Pawar said that he was happy to serve in whatever capacity he could to help the state.

"I am grateful to the NCP leadership and to the people of Maharashtra for giving me this opportunity," Pawar said. "I will work hard to ensure that the state progresses and that the people of Maharashtra get the best possible government."

Pawar is a veteran politician who has served in various ministerial positions in the Maharashtra government. He is known for his sharp political skills and his ability to get things done.

His appointment as Deputy Chief Minister is seen as a sign that the NCP is committed to supporting the new government. It is also seen as a way to balance the power between the NCP and the Shiv Sena, which is the other major party in the government.

Pawar's appointment is a positive development for the state of Maharashtra. He is a capable and experienced leader who will be able to help the new government deliver on its promises.
    Very true. This was a great surprise for many of us. The Shinde group of Siva Sena is definitely getting strengthened by this but there are issues related to portfolios to be given to the incoming NCP persons. Let us see how it is resolved.

Sharad Pawar is one of the senior leaders of the country and he is the founder of NCP. Some of the ministers who took oath recently as ministers are grown in the political arena and now they betrayed their guru. Such issues are becoming very common these days in Indian politics. I feel if an MLA or MP is changing party, he/she should be made to resign from the post also. People are giving them votes by seeing the party also but afterwards, they are changing their parties. Such activities should not be encouraged I feel.

• Sign In to post your comments