You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Finance & Money Matters

Beware of fraudulent phone calls and messages

Yesterday I received a call in my mobile while I was in a shop on a road side. The caller identified himself as the Manager of SBI and he was telling his name also. He asked me whether I am using my SBI credit card. On telling 'yes', he asked my card number, I told, again he asked the validity period and CVV as he is updating my KYC details. I got alerted and told him that I was on the road amidst traffic and my card was in the house and assured him to call back as soon as I reached home. He replied if not telling the card account is going to blocked immediately. I told him okay. Immediately, as I have the number of my SBI account branch, called the number as talked to the manager about the call I received from the branch. He told that such calls are fraudulent and not to entertain. I told him that he was telling the branch manager and by name. By hearing the name told by the caller, the branch manager got shocked and replied me, 'Sir the name told by that person is my name only but I never called any person and even for updating KYC we will call the customer to the branch concerned. Kindly ignore the call and thanks for intimating this to us.' Fortunately I have the contact number I escaped. Subsequently I used to receive SMS from so and so banks, that the card account or Savings account would be closed immediately if not updating the KYC through the mentioned link (the link they sent in blue color. But I totally ignored all such messages.
    Cyber crimes are increasing day by day and there frauds are cheating the people as they have a knowledge of the banking system to quite a good extent.
    We should not entertain these calls and should block these numbers immediately. These people are using newer and newer methods to cheat people and we have to be vigilant about it. Thanks to social media that we come to know about these things in time.

• Sign In to post your comments