You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Finance & Money Matters

Are you expecting some relief in the coming budget for the salaried class?

Budget meeting for 2024-25 is on the anvil. Many people especially belonging to middle class have a feeling that there might be increase in standard deduction or increase in lower limit of taxable amount in the coming budget. What is your speculation? Please share.
    We always discuss the same issue on the eve of budget. And every time, as a part of salaried class, my response is same.

I expect a marginal increase in the limit of Section 80C of IT Act (the present limit is Rs. 1.50 lakh annually). Nothing more.

"Tera chehra kitna suhana lagta hain; Tere aage chand purana lagta hain"--Kaif Bhopali

Some people are hoping that the standard deduction may be raised this time helping the salaried class.

Most respectfully I would like to inform Neeru Bhatt Madam (#28441) that in the new tax regime, there is no concept of Standard Deduction. It existed in the old tax regime.
    "Tera chehra kitna suhana lagta hain; Tere aage chand purana lagta hain"--Kaif Bhopali

Partha, you are right but some people are still filing the return in old regime option and for them it would be applicable. Of course the number of such people would be small.

• Sign In to post your comments