Chingri Macher Malaikari - wonderful Bengali Recipe
Chingri Macher Malaikari is a mouth-watering and delicious Bengali dish. It's a preparation of Prawns with Coconut Milk.
This preparation is for ten people.
Coconut Grate - 3 cups
Water - 1 cup
Ginger - 10 grams
Garlic - 10 cloves
Mustard Oil - Half Cup
Onion (chopped) - 350 grams or 3 medium sized
Turmeric Powder - 1 and a half small spoon
Red Chilli Powder - 2 and a half small spoon
Garam Masala - 1 and a half small spoon
Prawn - 1 and half kilograms of medium sized prawns.
Salt - around 4 small spoons
Sugar - around 2 small spoons
1. Add the coconut grate in 1 cup of hot water and paste it in the mixer. Then let the mixture to cools down and after that filtrate the mixture through a piece of cloth.
2. Paste the ginger and garlic.
3. Heat the oil in a fry-pan for 3-5 minutes. Fry the prawns till it gets light golden. Don't fry it for too long. Leave them aside.
4. Add some oil and then add chopped onion in it and fry it, till it gets golden brown.
5. Now add ginger and garlic paste.
6. Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and garam masala and singe it for some minutes till oil gets separated.
7. Add salt and sugar into it.
8. Add fried prawns into it.
9. Add coconut milk and allow it to cook for 2-3 minutes till it get thickens.
Serve it hot with rice or pulao.