Sweet Rabri - Punjabi dessert recipe
Rabri is a sweet dish which is prepared from condensed milk. It is a Punjabi dessert and it is very much liked by North Indian people. It is served chilled and it is also eaten with Malpua, Jalebi and Imarti.
1. Full cream powder milk – 2 cups
2. Ghee – 1 spoonful
3. Sugar – ½ cup
4. Cardamom powder
5. Fresh milk – 250 ml
6. Few drops of Kewra essence
1. Pour 2 cups of water in pressure cooker and boil it.
2. Take 1 cup of milk powder, mix 1 spoonful ghee and 2 big spoonful of fresh milk in it and make the dough.
3. Take a steel bowl and lubricate its surface with ghee.
4. Place the dough in the steel bowl and cook it in the pressure cooker, till a single whistle comes.
5. After one whistle take out the bowl from the pressure cooker, remove its cover and keep it in the air for cooling.
6. Take 1 cup of milk powder, and mix sugar in it, according to taste, and add some milk and make a thick paste.
7. Cook the milk paste in microwave at high heat for 4 minutes.
8. Grate the cooked dough into long strings.
9. Take out the milk from the microwave and mix the strings prepared above, in it.
10. Steer it slowly so that the strings do not break.
11. Keep it for cooling and then add some drops of kewra essence and cardamom powder.
12. Garnish it with saffron strands.
13. Rabri is ready to eat.