Christmas is the time when, Christian or not, you feel like celebrating it with all lightings, swing and taste. In such fun-filled and joyous period, we decided to organize a special party for kids at our home for which I decided to bake a cake. But trouble was my Oven had broken down. So I decided to make it in a Microwave oven. I had many doubts initially but when the cake was ready, it became my first choice and till now my old oven is waiting to be repaired. Here is a quick and easy recipe for a delicious chocolate cake made in my microwave in 4 minutes.
Ingredients for frosting:
Now your microwave chocolate cake is ready to be served. If you wish to add a layer of frosting to it follow the following steps:
Method for making Frosting for the cake:
With the given ingredients, about 2 cups of frosting is made. You can store any leftover frosting, just as you store butter and cheese in your refrigerator for later use. when properly stored at appropriate temperature your frosting can stand for couple of weeks without getting spoiled.
Christmas is around the corner and the only thing that springs to our mind during this holidaying period is cake and party.
In this write-up I would like to share an egg-less chocolate cake recipe with you all on some of my friends demand. Here is the recipe:
Easy Egg-less chocolate Cake in microwave:
1. All-purpose flour : 2 cups.
2. Cocoa powder : 1/2 cup.
3. Baking powder : 2 teaspoons.
4. Baking soda : 1/2 teaspoon.
5. Powdered sugar : 1 1/2 cup OR condensed milk : 1 cup.
6. Salt : 1/4 teaspoon.
7. Melted butter : 1 cup. (reduce this amount if you are more health conscious).
8. Water : 3/4 cup.
9. Vanilla essence (optional) : 2 teaspoons.
1. Shift all purpose flour in a large bowl.
2. Now add cocoa powder to it.
3. Add baking powder, baking soda and salt to this mixture.
4. Mix butter and sugar/condensed milk in a separate bowl. You can use manual mixture or an electric one. When they are mixed properly, all them to dry ingredients.
5. Also add the vanilla essence to it.
6. Mix all the ingredients very well, folding in with smooth hand motions. You can also use a mixer or a food processor for this purpose. Add water as required to this mixture in small amount at a time. Keep on folding-in the mixture till the batter is of smooth consistency.
7. Now grease in a microwavable safe dish or a Pyrex pan with a little butter/oil.
8. Pour in the batter in the greased pan/dish.
9. Now place the dish in microwave oven for 4 minutes.
After 4 minutes, take out the dish and do cake test by inserting a tooth-pick in the cake, it it comes out clean then it is done or else place the cake again in the microwave for few more minutes.
Your delicious egg-less chocolate cake is ready to eat.