You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Fun & Entertainment

Ponniyin Selvan 2 film grossed 230 crores by day 5

This forum post is about the movie Ponniyin Selvan 2. It grossed 230 Crore Rupees on the fifth day after release.

Another highly engrossing film by Director Mani Ratnam - Ponniyin Selvan 2 - is an epic sage and a grand story to be watched in the theatre. Mani Ratnam has produced this film with Lyca Productions. Aishwarya Rai Bachchan features in this film. The story of the film is based on the Chola dynasty of the 10th century AD.

The cash of the film includes Vikram, Jayam Ravi, Karthi, Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Trisha Krishnan, Sarath Kumar, Jayaram, Prabhu and Prakash Raj.

Following are the roles played by the above-mentioned actors:

• Vikram - Aditya Karikalam - a charismatic prince and the eldest son of Sundara Chola

• Jayam Ravi - Ponniyin Selvan - the youngest son of Sundara Chola

• Karthi - plays the role of Vandiyathevan

• Aishwarya Rai Bachchan - Nandini - the cunning and manipulative wife of Kanchi, the Prime Minister

• Trisha Krishnan - Kundavai - Daughter of Sundara Chola

The movie was filmed in Rajasthan, Madhya Pradesh and Hyderabad. In the first five days, the film has proven to be a good success to its predecessor. The Tamil novel has been adapted very well and could as well be a treat to people while watching the movie in the cinemas.

So would you be going to watch the movie anytime soon?
    Yesterday, I had the pleasure of watching the Tamil version of the epic masterpiece by the legendary director Mani Ratnam. As a fan of his work, I thoroughly enjoyed the film. It is noteworthy that Mani Ratnam has done an exceptional job in converting Kalki's Ponniyin Selvan novel into a five-hour cinematic experience. The cast was excellent, as seen in the first part of the series, with Vikram and Aishwarya Rai shining in the second part while Karthi stole the show in the first part. Additionally, the background scores and songs in both parts were exceptional, with Aganaga being my favorite, followed closely by Alakadalaayo.

Maniratnam's movies are very famous and I watched many of his movies. But I have not watched this movie so far. Seeing this post and the reviews presented by Roshan Salim, I am thinking of going to this movie.

• Sign In to post your comments