Activities and Attractions at Kabini
This article gives complete information on tourism activites and tourism attractions at Kabini near Bangalore.
One of the primary activities in Kabini, near Bangalore, is to explore the wildlife sanctuary on board a jeep with a trained guide. Other than a wildlife safari, though, there are plenty of Activities and Attractions at the Kabini Wildlife Sanctuary near Bangalore
Top Ten Things to Do Before you Say Bye to Kabini
1. Go Trekking: There are innumerable trails beneath majestic trees within the Kabini forested area. It is a good idea to go with a guided group, as you could well get lost!
2. Go Angling: The backwaters of the Kabini Reservoir has created many natural water holes within the Kabini forested area. So for the anglers, there is plenty of fish to catch.
3. Ride an Elephant: Of course, you can't just hail an elephant in Kabini and hop on! Elephant rides are arranged by the staff at the resort where you stay.
4. Watch the Avians: Don't just take your camera along to Kabini – you should definitely carry a good pair of binoculars too. Other than a variety of storks, you are likely to sight kingfishers, parakeets, eagles, imperial pigeons, and a whole lot of multihued avians.
5. Learn Tracking: Some of the resorts in Kabini also arrange for a trip into the forest with a local tribal, who will explain how to track wildlife through their paw prints.
6. Sail in a Coracle: Coracling is fast-catching on as the must thing to do in South India. This is no less the case at Kabini, where the backwaters make for an ideal spot to hop into the man-made coracle and have a thoroughly enjoyable wet time.
7. Enjoy a Campfire: There are lots of camping spots in Kabini which are open to the public. The resort where you stay will most likely even arrange a campfire night with the stars for company. What better way to end a lovely day after exploring Kabini!
8. Enjoy Water Sports: You can go kayaking, white water rafting and snorkeling at Kabini.
9. Climb to Success: For those who love adventure sports, rock climbing and mountain biking are good options at Kabini.
10. Go Green: Wherever you stay in Kabini, do ask about local conservation activities and volunteer to participate. It will be a nice 'thank you' gesture before you say Bye to Kabini.