Tamil Recipe Milagu Jeeraga Rasam – Pepper and Cumin Rasam
This article is about the preparation of Tamil Recipe Milagu Jeeraga Rasam. A healthy and spicy rasam which is mixed with hot white rice. This is healthy because of its medicinal value of curing cold and cough and also aids in digestion. Try this recipe and get cured from cough.
Ingredients for making Tamil Recipe Milagu Jeeraga Rasam
Cooked Toor dal - 2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Black Pepper - 1/2 tsp
Red chilli- 2
Tamarind paste – 1 tsp
A sprig of Curry leaves
Water -3 cups
Ghee - 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida powder - 1/4 tsp
Tomatoes - 2
Mustard seeds - 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Method for making Tamil Recipe Milagu Jeeraga Rasam
• Dry roast the cumin seeds and pepper and grind it along with the red chillies.
• Take a kadai and add water, asafoetida, salt and tamarind paste bring it to a boil.
• Now add the tomatoes nicely squeezed by hands.
• Allow this to boil for few minutes till the raw smell of tomato disappears, and then add add the ground mixture. Let this boil for 5 min.
• Keep in low flame till the end of preparation, now add the dal mixture and allow this to boil.
• Now season the rasam with mustard seeds spluttered in ghee.
• Garnish with coriander leaves.