Tamil recipe Mavadu or Baby mango pickle
Get to know How to make Tamil recipe Mavadu or Baby mango pickle. Here is a step by step preparation of mavadu which helps you to prepare this pickle easily.
Ingredients for Tamil recipe Mavadu or Baby mango pickle
30-45 - Baby Mangoes
10 to 15- Dry Red Chillies
1 tsp Mustard Seeds
1 tsp gingely Oil
1 tsp Turmeric Powder
A pinch Hing
2 tbsp Salt
How to make Tamil recipe Mavadu or Baby mango pickle
• Wash the baby Mangoes nicely by immersing in a bowl of water.
• After washing wipe the Mangoes with a clean cloth/towel.
• Immerse the mangoes in a large bowl.containing gingely oil mix well using your hands so that each mango is coated with the oil.
• Next grind the dry red chillies and mustard seeds to a coarse paste by sprinkling water in mixie.
• Add this grounded paste along with turmeric powder, salt, hing to the oil coated with mangoes and mix well.
• Transfer this to a jar and leave it for 5 days.
• Shake the jar vigorously atleast once in a day for 5 days so that the everything gets mixed well.
• After 5 days the delicious baby Mango Pickle is ready.
Enjoy this mavadu with curd rice.
Really, The "MAAVADU" or "Mango Pickle" is good in taste and very tasty also. In summer seasons, There are different type of mangoes available to prepare the pickles.