Tamilnadu special Poricha Kuzhambu is an very important gravy recipe served in lunch in all homes in Tamilnadu. This is a spicy variety which tastes well. The Channa dhal is very nutritious and thus makes the Kuzhambu a healthy one. Get to know the preparation method of tasty and nutritious Poricha kuzhambu.
Ingredients required to make Poricha Kuzhambu
Tamarind – lemon size
Vegetables – 1 cup
Soaked Channa dhal or peanuts – 1 cup
Salt – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
To fry and grind
Urud dhal – 1 tsp
Channa dhal – 1 tsp
Grated coconut – 1 table spoon
Red chillies – 7-8
Black pepper – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida – 1/2 tsp
Procedure for to making Poricha Kuzhambu
For making the Kuzhambu podi
Fry all the above ingredients given under "To fry and grind" except coconut and asafoetida in a pan with 1 tsp of oil, allow it to cool and ground this into a paste.
1. Pressure cook the soaked channa dhal by adding salt.
2. The vegetables can be used as per your choice such as chow-chow, ash gourd, parangikai, chakarai pooshinikai, or brinjal cut into small pieces.
3. Extract the tamarind juice by adding 2 cup of hot water.
4. Heat oil in a kadai add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter. Now add the vegetables, salt, turmeric powder and the tamarind juice and cook the vegetables.
5. Next add the cooked channa and the ground paste and allow it to boil.
6. Garnish it with coriander leaves.
This Poricha Kuzhambu can be served with dosa, idli, pongal as well as hot white rice.