Bharathiar University State Eligibility Test SET or SLET 2012
Bharathiar University, one of the premier institutions in India conducts the State Eligibility Test (SET / SLET) Tamil Nadu for recruiting Lecturers in Universities and Colleges in Tamil Nadu and Pondichery every year. Interested candidates can appear for the exam and get selected to be appointed as lecturers in Tamilnadu universities and colleges. This exam is used to measure the potential of the candidate appearing for the lecturer jobs in colleges.
Bharathiar University SET 2012 Tamilnadu Eligibility conditions
• The candidates who have completed their post graduation or pursuing in any PG course are eligible to appear in SET 2012 exam.
• The candidates who wish to apply must have secured a minimum of 55% marks in the PG degree.
• The Ph.D degree holders who have completed their Master's degree by 19th September 1991 must have passed with a minimum of 50% marks.
• The candidates who have appeared / appeared for qualifying Master's Degree Examination can also apply for this test.
The complete details regarding eligibility, exemption (eligibility for Lectureship) you can refer the attachment advertisement file in this page.
Age Limit: No upper age limit
Tamilnadu SET 2012 Lectureship Scheme and Date of Exam
The Tamilnadu SET 2012 exam consists of 3 papers all of which will be conducted on the same day. The first two papers will be conducted in the first session and the third paper in the second session. The date of SET 2012 exam is 14th August 2012. The exam pattern for SLET 2012 as follows:
Session 1 - Paper 1 - 100 marks - 9.30 AM to 10.45 AM
• Questions related to Ability Reasoning
• Comprehension and thinking type of questions
• Aptitude questions related to teaching
Session 1 - Paper 2 - 100 marks - 10.45 AM to 12.00 PM
• Questions taken from the selected optional subject
• Objective questions from the selected subject chosen
Session 2 - Paper 3 - 100 marks - 1.30 PM to 04.00 PM
Descriptive type questions related to the optional subject that is selected.
Tamilnadu State Level Eligibility Test SLET 2012 Minimum Cut off Marks
The minimum Cut off qualifying marks for SET 2012 will be based on category and is as follows:.
SET exam minimum Cut off Marks for General Category:
Paper 1 : 40
Paper 2 : 40
Paper 1+Paper 2 : 100(50%)
SET exam minimum Cut off Marks for OBC/PC/VC Category:
Paper 1 : 35
Paper 2 : 35
Paper 1+Paper 2 : 90(45%)
SET exam minimum Cut off Marks for SC/ST Category:
Paper 1 : 35
Paper 2 : 35
Paper 1+Paper 2 : 80(40%)
Subjects for Bharathiar University SET 2012 exam
The SET Exam 2012 will be conducted in the following subjects:.
Subject Code-Subject Name
01 Chemical Sciences
03 Computer Science &Application
11 Home Science
12 Journalism &Mass Communication
14 Library and Information Science
15 Life Sciences
17 Mathematical Sciences
20 Physical Education
21 Physical Sciences
22 Political Sciences
24 Public Administration
25 Social Work
Syllabus for Bharathiar University SET exam 2012
Check the below link to download the syllabus for all the above subjects:
Syllabus for Bharathiar University SET exam
Centres for SET 2012 Exam
The SET will be held at the following centres.
Centre Code-Name of Centre
How to apply for Tamilnadu State Eligibility test SET 2012
1. The candidates who are interested to apply for SET 2012 examination have to apply in the prescribed application form which can be downloaded from the official website.
2. The candidates need to submit only one application form.
Examination fee details for SET 2012: The candidates are required to pay SET 2012 exam application fees in the form of single crossed bank demand draft from any Nationalized Bank with the validity of 6months in favor of "The Registrar, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore – 641046" payable at Coimbatore.
SET 2012 Examination Fee for general candidates: Rs.1000/-
SET 2012 Examination Fee for backward classes : Rs.750/-
SET 2012 Examination Fee for SC, ST, Physically Challenged, Visually Challenged candidates: Rs.250/-.
For more details regarding SET 2012 application form details and for downloading SET 2012 application forms check the below link:
SLET 2011 Important dates to remember
Last date for receipt of SLET 2012 application form is August 31, 2012
The Bharathiar University SLET exam 2012 will be held on October 07, 2012.
Contact details of Bharathiar University SLET Exam 2012
Coimbatore - 641046
Telephone: +91-422-2422222, 2422223, 2422234, 2422272, 2422321,2422335
Email: [email protected]
i would like to know my result of set-2001. Please kindly tell when the same will be announced?