History of the Thirumoorthy Hills
This has a great history and due to the devotion of the Anushya Devi(wife of Athari Maharishi).These couple had a heartful devotion towards the Thirumoorthys(Brahma,Vishnu,Shiv). The Thirumoorthys wanted to test the devotion of these couple and rejected the offerings presented by them and told the Anushya Devi to offer the things in an undressed condition.But the utmost devotion of the couple made the Thirumoorthy to 3 year old childrens and then she made the offerings.As a result the Thirumoorthis was very pleased with their devotee and blessed the couple to lead a happy life.So,this place was known to be called in the name of 'Thirumoorthis'. It is considered as one of the main Tourist attractions in Tamilnadu
Location of Thirumoorthi Falls
Thirumoorthy Temple is situated at the foot of the Thirumoorthy hills adjoining the Thirumoorthy dam. This amazing water falls is located at a distance of around 20 Kms from Udumalpet and it can also be reached from Pollachi by a distance of around 50 Kms.This tourist place is on the way towards Munnar,another great tourist spot of attraction.
Thirumoorthy Hills is located in a marvelous environment. It is surrounded by a series of Hills Anamalai Hill Range of Western Ghats, evergreen forest and free from the pollutions present in the cities.
The falls arises from the great Panchalingam Falls and the water flowing through these hills will have a great medical effect on the Human Body.This also rejuvenates the inbuilt energy inside the Human Body.
Specialties of the Thirumoorthy Falls
1. There are many sculptures which shows the architectural excellence of the former tamilians. It has a sculpture of a Jain Saint (Samanars in Tamil) which was sculpted on a rock in the condition of upside down manner.
2. It has a great environment around it and this has a good spot of attraction for the tourists.
3. The water falls has a pleasant thing to make your body feel re-enhanced from sorrows and worries of the outside world.
4. The Temples in Coimbatore makes us so divine to make our souls feel strong in spirituality.
5. This temple is also famous for the Monkeys. This is also a great amusing thing there.
6. Thirumoorthy hills is also known for the Universal peace foundation, an international organization which is involved in the practise of Kundalini yoga.It is headed by a great Saint Paranjyothi Mahan.
7. The most notable thing is that,here there are many oil bath centers for relaxing body and mind.
A visit to Vaidehi Falls