Roasted Upma Rava -- one cup
Buttermilk -- One and half cups
Oninons - small cup
Green chillies - 2
Tomatoes - 2
Water -- One and Half cups
Roasted Cashew nuts or Peanuts - quarter cup
Salt according to taste
1. Take the skillet and add oil/ghee and let it heat.
2. Put chopped onions, green chillies and curry leaves fry them until they turn into golden brown color.
3. Add chopped tomotoes and fry them until it is soft.
4. Later add roasted upma rava and fry for a while.
5. Add water, salt and buttermilk accordigly and put it low simmer until upma cooks well and fluffy.
6. Garnish upma with the roasted nuts.
Serve upma with chutney/spice powder/sugar sprinkled on top of that for delightful taste.
Note: This upma is very easy to prepare and is a low calorie break fast. This can be given to kids as this upma contains nutritional values.
You can make alterations to this upma by adding vegetables.