Recipe of Rice Upma [Arisi Upma]
Recipe of RICE UPMA which is a good menu at all times be it breakfast or lunch or dinner. This is a perfect vegetarian food at home. The side dish can be anthing from sambar, chutney (Tomato or coconut) or Podi. The preparation is targeted for 1 or 2 adults.
1. Broken Rice - 2 cups
2. pepper - 4 nos.
2. Mustard seeds- 1/4 teaspoon
3. Urad Dal - 1/4 teaspoon
4. red chilies- 1 or 2
5. Salt- As per taste
Broken Rice preparation:
1. Take 2-3 cups of rice and put the pepper and grind it in Mixie. You will get the broken rice.
1. Take a 2 or 3 litre cooker and heat the oil on a medium flame. Add Mustard seeds, Urad dal and red chillies in oil and let them splutter. Add the broken rice in oil in low flame and allow the rice to get mixed with oil.
2. Add water. Every 1 cup of broken rice, 2.5 cup of water needs to added.
3. Add 1 teaspoon salt in water and dissolve it.
4. close the cooker with whistle. Allow for 2 whistles and 5 mins in low flame. switch off the flame.
5. Allow it cool down.
6. Delicious Rice Upma is ready.
Maximum preparation time is 10 mins + cooking time. The side dish can be anthing from sambar, chutney (Tomato or coconut) or Podi. Within Short time delicious food is ready. A very good traditional south indian dish.