You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A thought provoking topic based contest

As the activity in this site is increasing I take the privilege of introducing a simple contest for the members for creative writing.
    In this contest I am providing a topic at the end of this post and we have to write a few sentences on that not exceeding 100 words. We have to write that in this thread only.
    I will also be posting my entry.

Please note that all the conditions of forum postings are adhered to and no copy/paste and no spam.

I hope all the members would participate and make it a success.

Topic: How can we stop wars in the world?
    An eye for an eye turns the whole world blind. War is neither an answer nor a solution to seek peace. What we sow, so we reap. If we are indulging in wars, we are inviting a few more. Temporarily, it may bring some results for the time being, forcing two people, parties or nations to shake hands. However, in the longer term, we all have seen that hate can only bring more hate. Wars lead to more wars. Wars can only be won over with peace. Understanding both sides and coming to common terms can solve the issue.

Wars are no way doing good for any party. We all know that Pandavas won the battle against Kauravas. But in that process they lost many people. Except Abhimanyu, all the sons of Pandavas died and their family might have ended with then, if Lord has not saved Abhimanyu who was in her mother at that time. After the war Dharmaraju wept by seeing all the dead bodies and he felt that he did a mistake. So wars are to be stopped.
    A war can be avoided by mutual understanding and adjusting to some extent. A open discussion and a little sacrifice to some extent may avoid wars.

Thank you, Umesh, for this initiative. Currently we are not conducting contests with cash rewards since we need to wait till the site generates revenue. Till then, I am planning to conduct a few fun activities in a short while. I am waiting for more members to join.

Vandana, I understand. This is only an attempt to increase the activity and then reap the benefits later.

My entry:
    Whenever there are conflicts then sometimes war become inevitable. So the question comes in our minds is that how the differences can be reduced. This is a difficult task but if the various governments come closer and take a collective decision then it can be achieved. Such collective actions can be taken only when we are able to sacrifice something from our sides to gain peace and orderliness in this beautiful world around us. If we all are ready to think in that direction then probably we can get rid of wars.

I would like to express my appreciation to members for initiating such activities, and participating in them. Everyone is welcome to come up with some interesting concepts. I am sure it will help to build up interest in our site.

I also thank all the participating members for sharing their thoughts and ideas in this thread.

• Sign In to post your comments