You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Questions

Please note that the tags pertained to this article

Sometime earlier this month, I submitted an article on "Introducing Job-oriented courses with a New Perspective: Some Food for thought", in which I had gone back to references drawn from ISC.

However, Vandana had brought out a suggestion mentioning that there should be new tags so that the reader can retain this website itself.

Am unable to understand what is a new tag. How can one make a new tag in a fresh article, when one talks about say, the University of Madras? Does it mean I have to go to some other source containing details of the said University and give that tag?

Would that suffice? I guess it should not even be ISC. Is this correct?

I request Vandana to please clarify.
    AB Sivakumar,

Why are you raising a second thread on the same issue that you inquired about earlier? Instead of providing the URL of the article as instructed, you raised this new thread. Even here, you have not given us the article's URL for reference, just the title. Please do pay attention to instructions.

I think the instruction for the article is that, when giving a link to an ISC page, since that is an external site, you need to put in the HTML tags that will open the ISC page in a new TAB.

Thanks Vandana for making it clear. In the earlier post raised by the author I got it wrong and understood tags with reference to something else which was of course irrelevant.
    In ISC site also whenever we are giving link to outside sites then we are using proper HTML tags for that so that the present window does not get disturb and that external site opens in a new window.
    So as ISC is an external site for Social Village we have to use the proper HTML tags.
    Some members might not be able to put those tags and for their reference I want to mention that in ISC there are many good resources available on HTML and one that I particularly liked is -
    ISC link for HTML
    I hope this resource will help the authors who are not much familiar with putting HTML tags while making links to resources in local or external site.
    If any member has some doubt we can discuss it more in this thread itself or in a separate thread.

• Sign In to post your comments