You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Health & Fitness

Be aware of the online health traders

One has to be very careful about the online traders in Yoga and what is now called "ethnic healthcare". Though I do not know much about Yoga, I am told that those who have undergone some three days of training in Yoga are now on YouTube or some other social media, acting as Gurus. Certain other self-styled people talk about "mind control" of the spiritual kind. One of my close relatives, who is very knowledgeable about the spiritual part of mind control, was recently talking to me about a fake Guru who talks utter nonsense.

One should be extremely careful, as there are many courses and too many such fake people all around. Unless we know who is the right person, it is futile to sign up for any session, pay the money, and get fooled. One should always go for the well-known and established names and also check for references. The totally commercial Gurus are a waste of time and money, even in the spiritual orbit. Let us be careful with anything that is online!
    During my college days-the seventies- there were a number of 'postal tuitions' and courses. Everyday we could see advertisements announcing such postal coaching. It went to such idiotic heights that the it became subject of some very creative jokes akin to present-day trolls). If someone asks a youth, what he was studying, or doing, the sarcastic answer would be " I am /he is studying swimming (or cycling)by postal coaching".
    Though the procedures, inherent risks and carried out tricks and cheating were same, this process got its name changed by different decade like distance learning, open study, mail study, online course etc. As per changing times and demand newer and unique courses will be introduced.
    From this thread it is seen that Yoga is added to the list. As long as gullible and vulnerable people exist, there will be very smart exploiters and cheaters. It is imperative that we exercise due caution and should be careful and vigilant and taking normal prudence.

Internet has become a big ocean today and many people are opening their business or commercial sites for making a quick buck through realising fees for the various type of courses as well as to earn revenue from some revenue sharing advertisement programs. There are popular sites like YouTube which provide a place and platform free to the enterprising people who can attract views to their sites. In this situation many people are preaching ethical or cultural or spiritual things to the people and assuring them that it will help in increasing the mindfulness and make their lives happy. How much that claim is true is only a guess but many simple and gullible people are attracted to such sites and pay fees and visit them regularly. When there are thousands of sites operating like that, it is very difficult to make out which is the genuine one and which is the fake. Even the genuine sites may not have much content for a matured and prudent person. So it is always better to tread cautiously in such places in internet.

• Sign In to post your comments