You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Uttar Pradesh

A cultural fest that is feast to the eyes

Today I went to a cultural fest for the first time, and it was such a wonderful experience that I thought to share it here. It was organised in the capital of Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow. Folk artists from various parts of India were invited to the Ram Manhor Lohiya park. Dance forms like Chhau, bhangra, and Manipuri dance based on Krishna devotion, Alha songs from the region of Bundelkhand were sung.
    Many of the languages of these folk songs were not understandable by the audience, but still, everyone was enjoying to their heart. One of the most wonderful things was RAmayana presented in chauu dance form it was quite unique; another was the singing of the Ramayana song and story by Padma Shri Malini Awasthi. Also, the renowned artist from Karnataka Padmashri Manjamma Jogati was present and blessed the audience as well as the participant. It was a wonderful event organised by the Uttar Pradesh government. It connects north to south, east to west and brings various parts of India together at one such platform.
    If you have any similar do share your experience, with me.
    The author has shared a very interesting culture fest organised in Uttar Pradesh by the state Government there.
    Cultural fests and functions are very interesting to watch as it gives us glimpse of not only our past but also the present cultures which are present there in our country at various locales. India is a very big country and there are so many cultural facades here which are specific to a particular region and when it is presented to the people from other regions then it becomes a matter of great entertainment as well as amusement.
    During my childhood I was living in a place in Uttarakhand state and we had annual autumn cultural fest organised by the local administration. We used to have various folk songs and other local cultural dramas and songs sung by the local artists and sometimes we got some artist from outside also who were presenting their own items.
    Presently I am living in Mumbai and in recent times I have not attended any such functions but I yearn for the same and want to watch them whenever such an opportunity comes my way.

I have attended many such cultural programmes organised by the government or a private body. Recently I attended one such programme where selected students from various educational institutions participated and showcased their talent in music and dance. A 5th-class student from a local school performed the Kuchipudi dance, a wonderful performance. Similarly, some students sang very well. These days kids are performing very well and electronic media is helping a lot in bringing out the talent of such skilled children.

• Sign In to post your comments