You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Science & Technology

Technology is going too far!

Some months ago, I called a number for servicing something. There was the usual irritating dial 1 for... 2 for... 3 for... 4 for... and then, after selecting the relevant digit, the next step of all over again selecting the relevant digit, with dial 1 for... dial 2 for... and so on. After successfully maneouvering through that maze, and entering my contact number, I was flabbergasted to hear "Say Yes"/"Say No" for confirmation!! My brains scrambled quickly to adjust to this new requirement, that, instead of a further digit key to press, my voice was required, and I said "Yes". However, the connection went off and I was left listening to a dead dial tone. Is it that my voice was not loud enough for the machine at the other end to catch the answer?

Looks like now technology requires us to work on our voice modulations as well!!
    We all are facing this problem and after struggling for a good 5-10 minutes we simply lose that connection and we just try it again. It is irritating and we lose time in that.
    One reason for this delay is the pressure on those service numbers as many people are in the queue and one has to wait for one's turn.

The whole customer care electronic flow chat needs to change. I feel that with the advent of AI, every flow chart should have a "Search with Voice" at the very beginning. The Electronic system should recognize what we have said. Then accordingly it should present us with a few options to choose from.

Gone are those days when the 1, 2, and 3, options felt advanced. Now they seem to be super boring and need to change.
    With the drop of line, I think the electronic system was not able to handle your input. It thus went into a self-kill mode and the call got cut šŸ¤.

But there are a few companies who have taken up with the search with voice feature and then present with a few options for the user to select.

Check out all Help guidelines from Social Village

• Sign In to post your comments