You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Activity has again come down

In between we have seen good activity on this site. But it has come down again.
    I have posted a thread about a problem in Knowledge Centre. But nobody responded from the last two days.
    Umesh posted a thread yesterday on the same issue. But no response from anybody to this also.
    I think all are busy with their other activities.
    I hope and wish members will start contributing regularly and the site will become active shortly.
    I wish all the best to all the stake holders of this social village site.
    Until the site starts getting more views it is very difficult to sustain the tempo. Many members have joined Social Village and waiting for that good time. Many are regularly contributing also, especially in the article section. The site has a good inventory of resources but that has to attract more views.
    Members can be motivated by giving some (even a little) cash incentive here and there. I would suggest that instead of announcing a big value cash contest it would be interesting to create many small cash contests.
    I remember, in ISC, we used to have some small cash contests of routine nature but they attracted a good number of members and we had good participation.
    Anyway, I hope that once views start having an increasing trend all those measures could be considered.

Hello Dr Rao
    I apologise for not responding to your query in the last two days. I was busy with medical duties for the Sant Tukaram Palkhi en route from Pune to Pandharpur. I had thus not logged in to the website during these days.
    I have escalated the issue raised by you and Umesh to Tony Sir. We will wait for his response.

Regarding activity, we are getting new members but will have to wait for their contributions, just as you are doing so. I think we will have to wait till some new members start to contribute.

As suggested by Umesh with small cash credits, I am unsure if small cash credits like a Rupee or 2 will be of any attractive value. Nowadays we get nothing for such a small denomination. Also, the website is not generating any income of its own. Due to this reason, only a small amount of cash has been budgeted for the competition. And rather than throwing the money on generic content, a good use of the limited cash would be to invest in quality content.

Do let me know if the topics chosen for the competition are difficult. We can look forward to other topics to contribute in the next month. A good write-up will build up good traffic, which will in turn help build up revenue generation.

I understand that you are facing a problem in submitting new topics. Do try to write in the new topics and let me know if you are not able to write content in already submitted topics as well.

Check out all Help guidelines from Social Village

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.