You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Products & Services

Want to set up a retail store? Share your ideas!

This is my special Sunday activity for members for today.

Imagine that you had the financial means and the space to set up a retail store in your city. What would you do with that money and space? Would you sell some specific type of product(s)? Or would you start some kind of service?

Share your dream! It could be anything at all, perhaps setting up a franchise of a luxury product or even something as simple as a cycle repair shop.
    I would love to set up a book store in a really large space. It would not be an ordinary store with just books on shelves to browse and buy. I would like to demarcate spaces for-
    1. Senior citizens to come and relax, read a book, magazine or newspaper. This would be provided with no charge. They would be permitted to take home a book on hire for a small fee of Rs.10/- (this is to ensure that the book would be returned within 2 weeks)
    2. Interactive book reading sessions which both children and adults could attend. There would be no fee, but preferably people would submit their names to register so that an estimate of how many people would attend would be understood to avoid overcrowding.
    3. A book hiring counter, where only certain books would be available on hire for a nominal fee with a fine if not returned within a maximum of 10 days.

Age appropriate furniture (tables and chairs) for senior citizens, toddlers, and teens, would be put in around the various spaces. The whole store would be a fun place to come to on a regular basis.

was earlier thinking of having a stationary shop near a college. But I could not. Even now I cherish that idea. I love reading and writing. When a sit in a stationary shop I will have sufficient time to read and write. At the same time, I can earn some livelihood also.
    I was also thinking of having a computer with an internet facility so that I can take printouts. A Xerox machine is also in my thought process. All these additions will give us some more value addition to our time. If it is near a good college we will have more business also and at the same time, we can interact with college students as well as college staff also. That will help us in many ways.
    Slowly, I thought I can add one or two working stations with a system, with the intent facility that will help to attract some people during their free time.
    I don't whether this will materialise in the coming days.

• Sign In to post your comments