You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Winners

No Winners for June 2023 Knowledge Centre Contest

Dear Villagers

As you all might be aware, we held an award-based competition for the Knowledge Centre based on Artificial Intelligence. We created 5 topics for contributing content. The awards were also kept on the higher side.

We did receive some contributions to the topics. Unfortunately, none of the contributions qualified for the content😑. The major reasons for deletion of the write-ups were nothing unusual, but still mentioned below:

• Copied content was present in the write-up. Sometimes, the copied content might have come unintentionally. But SocialVillage stands at par with all other websites in terms of content policies. We cannot accept copied content.
    • Plagiarized content: Plagiarized content is created when there is a lot of subject similarity in the write-up. These are created by making only slight word changes. But the context is all but the same.

Apart from the above, the editors have come to an understanding that probably the topics were a bit too heavy for the members. Thus no members have been eligible for the awards.

I do understand that we all need a bit more encouragement to make SocialVillage popular. The admin team will come up with more interesting topics for award-based contests in the future.

It is very sad to know that no award winners. Probably many members did not attempt the topics mentioned for the contest as they are very technical in nature and related to AI. I also did not attempt these topics. Anyhow, I hope more valuable contributions will come from the Knowledgeable members of the site in the coming months. Let us wish and hope that Social Village will become like ISC in the earlier years shortly.

"I do understand that we all need a bit more encouragement to make SocialVillage popular. The admin team will come up with more interesting topics for award-based contests in the future."
    Hundred per cent concurrence and hope pragmatic steps will be taken in his regard.

If we want that social village site should progress ahead then all the members should do efforts for contributing their own content in their own language and style and that would help the site to grow in a meaningful way.
    We can read and study about anything at so many places but when we want to write on that topic in our own language then our presentation should be the way we want and not as the copy of content elsewhere. For example if we want to write an article on '10 tips to break bad habits' then we can get material about this topic at so many places but we may not agree for some of the tips given there. In that case we can suggest some tips from our side and some from those places but in our own language and style and then only our content would qualify for originality.

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.