You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Tamil Nadu

Do not miss this particular hotel for its special item

This thread is not any advertisement for any hotel. Instead, it is just a statement of fact about the quality of what is called the Ghee Dosa in a particular place.

Obviously, the Dosa is a national craze and there are so many places where one can find the dosa outlets. Even in places up North. Naturally, in all of the South of India, one gets to eat the best of varieties of this dosa and there are so many outlets in so many cities, but this one stands out for its sheer quality.

The hotel under reference is a hotel called the Parthasarathy Vilas. It is situated at a place called Srirangam, which is on the outskirts of a city called Tiruchirapalli, the fourth largest city of Tamil Nadu, with a good airport, which now operates flights to Singapore and Dubai. It is well connected to many parts of India as well. It has a superb Railway Junction and it is just around 4 hours by the fastest train called the Tejas express from Chennai.

Srirangam is the place of Lord Renganathar. It houses one of the oldest temples of South India and is so special for its hotels that dot the nearby areas to the temple. Anyone in this area will be able to guide the tourist to this place called Parthasarathy Vilas. It is a very old style hotel where the dosa is made of the traditional firewood stove.

Yet, the taste draws people from the entire South India. The next time you visit Tiruchirapalli, visit this place. However, you should visit the temple late in the evening, but this special item is over by 8AM. So, take off to Srirangam in the very early morning and have breakfast in this temple and then proceed to the temple nearby. The best time to visit this temple is early January or late December every year, as the rains would have stopped and the mild winter would be there in Tiruchirapalli, which is a very hot place for most of the year.
    Dosa is a very famous dish in India in general and in South India in particular. Dosa is a preferred breakfast in South India after Idly. There are varieties of Dosas and there are some hotels for exclusively varieties of dosas. I am also a good dosa lover. In Vijayawada, there are many hotels where we will get Ghee dosa where ghee is used in place of oil to make the dosa.
    I had been to Tiruchirapalli many times on official work and once or twice with family on pilgrimage with family. A beautiful place and the temple is a very old temple but maintained very well. But I never visited this Parthasarathy Vilas. Now having known about the hotel, I may visit this place if I get a chance to go to that place.

• Sign In to post your comments