You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Travel Trips & Tips

Never miss this hotel when you visit Tiruchirapalli

Tiruchirapalli is the fourth largest city of Tamil Nadu, and is a big educational hub. There are at least ten high quality Arts and Science Colleges and a few branded Engineering Colleges in the vicinity of this town.

Tiruchirapalli is well known for its lovely Ganapathi temple, situated on top of a hillock. It is a pleasure to spend the evening at this temple, as one can see the entire town from this hillock. One should go to the Samayapuram Amman temple, that is very well connected by hundreds of buses from the Chattiram Bus stand and then come back to the town for lunch. One has to take a bus proceeding towards Thennar and not so far away from the General Hospital is a place called Selvi Mess, a pure vegetarian restaurant, where one can have a big feast for Rs.300/-. or even taste some specific dishes served beautifully in mud pots for Rs.20 or so.

The vegetarian fare is very rich and it is a pleasure to have one's lunch here. If any tourist asks the locals for direction, they will guide him or her very well. Please do not spend any money on autos as they charge a huge amount. There are too many buses and it is possible to even Google the exact location of this Selvi mess and enjoy the food.

Tiruchirapalli has several good restaurants for tiffin items, but Selvi mess stands out for its sheer rich taste and has a big and loyal bunch of customers.
    I am a regular visitor to Trichy but this is first time I heard this Hotel through the author. It is sure I will go there in my next visit. I used to go to all hotels in Trichy especially Ezham Suvai, Pure Veg restaurant, located in Cantonment, Thillai Nagar and Thiruvanaikovil.

• Sign In to post your comments