You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Travel Trips & Tips

This place is a fabulous place for natural beauty

One has always heard about the most beautiful women of Coorg and the standard of coffee produced in that part of the country. However, one has to just drive down the entire place and enjoy the most beautiful natural beauty.

There are hundreds of houses in the middle of nature that is so beautiful. Alongside the main roads, one can always see rich banana plantations as well. Since Thala kaveri ( the origin of the Cauvery river) is a place to watch, we had been there and the early morning mist made it very cold indeed.

However, the temple is not surrounded by any standard hotel and the State Government should make efforts to allow some entrepreneurs to set up shop there. These pure vegetarian hotels could make enough money, as I was told that the visitors to Thala kaveri run into several thousands every day.

Madikeri and Kushalnagar seem to be the most important tourist spots. There are quite a few standard vegetarian hotels here. Food is okay and locals informed me that the hotel rates go up in August, since it is considered a peak holiday season, on the weekends. Coorg has got excellent road connectivity as well.

Kushalnagar has a Buddist Monastery and a lovely natural place for river rafting. The waters are part of the river Cauvery. However, since the water was less, the rafting became boating, with at least 4000 people enjoying the boating.

In tourist places like this, the hotels like MTR and other big names of Bangalore can simply mint money, if they open their branches. Perhaps they had not thought about this possibility. By the same logical extension, the Sangeetha group of Chennai and the Murugan Iddi Shop chain should think of opening their outlets in Coorg, particularly for the South Indian snack items and the staple thatte iddli of Karnataka.

Just take off to Coorg either in your car or hire one from Mysore. The trip is just too good to be postponed. I was not able to get an accurate picture of the best times to visit Coorg, though.
    I astonished to see the Thalakaviri. There from a single point the water is coming, falling into a pond opposite to the Shrine. Overflowing water from the tank flows to an outlet of outside fence. That water flows out into hollow with severe force. When we see this all together, we should get astonished about the Creator's Gift to us.
    In Madikeri, we went to Omkareshwar Temple which we can see as a Mosque, Church and Temple from one view and this denotes 'God is One'.
    On the way to Thalakaviri we went to Bhagamandala where three rivers Kaveri, Kannike and Sujyoti Rivers meet in one place and is told to have a dip in that place is holy.

mercara_Omkareshwar-temple.jfif

Delete Attachment

• Sign In to post your comments