You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Academics & Careers

Today is National Youth Day

National Youth Day in India is celebrated on 12th January being the birthday of Swami Vivekanand, the great Indian philosopher. The main idea behind this day is to motivate young people to learn more and participate in voluntary and charitable activities. Young people are the future of our country and we have to guide and encourage them for better teamwork and performance so that they become contributors to nation-building. National Youth Day was conceptualized based on the teachings and values of the life of the great personality Swami Vivekanand.
    I wish all young people to be enlightened by the teachings of Swami Vivekanand and succeed and prosper in their lives.
    National Youth Day is celebrated on the birthday of Swami Vivekananda. Incidentally, today is the birthday of my wife and one of my sisters. So we will be celebrating the same every year in our house.
    Swami Vivekananda was a great thinker, a great orator, and a passionate patriot. On National Youth Day, He enlightened the Western world about Hinduism. He is a reformer. On this occasion, I wish all the youth in India to take Vivekananda as their role model and tune their lives accordingly.
    My best wishes to all the members of this village on this National Youth Day.

On the occasion of National Youth Day, the message I have for the youth is to follow the works and life of Swami Vivekananda. His teachings and ideologies always help us in every sphere of our lives and we all need to pay attention to his messages. Swami Vivekananda was one of the greatest spiritual leaders our country has produced and the most important thing for all of us is to spread his message to all, young and old alike. Dedicating a day and organizing programs to commemorate his birthday becomes successful only when his message is followed by a large section of youths in their day-to-day lives. That must be the target and we all should see that persons like him become the role model for the youth.

• Sign In to post your comments