You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Home & Family

Post on any topic or subject for sharpening your creative writing skills!

This website (social village) is a site where the members can write on a variety of topics and subjects. Some members are already experienced and can write good pieces of creative writing but there are many members especially the new members who have a desire to learn writing through some interesting forum discussions or other activities in various websites.
    The visitors to this site, surfers, and new members can utilise this platform for sharpening their creative writing skills by posting topics in this forum section on different subjects. Welcome and experience the creative writing opportunities here!
    I fully agree with Umesh Sir. Any member of this site can sharpen his/her writing skill or expertise in a particular area of interest like politics, sports, international relations, war & peace, philosophy of life, floras & faunas and many others. This platform provides ample opportunity for budding writers who should utilize this opportunity.
    "Tera chehra kitna suhana lagta hain; Tere aage chand purana lagta hain"--Kaif Bhopali

"Welcome and experience the creative writing opportunities here!".... I am afraid, whether there is much scope for such creative posting in SV.
    The home page has the following hints and guidance o the contents for posting.
    "Social Village is a social sharing website. You can find articles on any topic or submit your own articles. It is a mini Wikipedia where you can contribute articles and share your knowledge..............................Whether it is politics, social media, education, business, marketing, technology, products, reviews, or anything under the sky, you can share it here. The only criteria are, your submitted content should add value to society and should be useful for the readers.."
    About creativity it is hinted as "The creative types - Are you on the other side of the table? Instead of searching for jobs and opportunities, do you like to create them? Well, feel free to create a podcast, present your art, and do some 'Design thinking'!".
    The maximum is pointed to as "Love to write? - Write up your poems and explain to us the depths of your insights!"

Creativity has little scope in this website. But, those who are weak in English and/or want to improve their writing skills, can try to get some practice here.
    "Tera chehra kitna suhana lagta hain; Tere aage chand purana lagta hain"--Kaif Bhopali

If we have a variety of posts in various sections of this site, we can go through them so that we will get some new inputs and better writing skills. However, the number of posts is very limited and not very helpful. Knowledge Centre should become active. But no new topics are coming there. We have to see how to improve the traffic. I think threads like this may give some push to the activity on this site. As mentioned by Partha Sir, people who want to improve their writing skills may try this site.
    The think tank of the site should think what are the actions required to improve the traffic to this site.

In response to this particular post of Umesh Sir, I have written about the mysterious case of the hijacking and disappearance of Dan Cooper. I hope members will read it.

Creative writing is not like sharing some kind of information with the readers. Rather it's an expression of the writer on anything. It can be prose, poetry, short story, essay, etc. In Social Village, you can do all these as there is no restriction on domains. As long as the writeup is not copied or AI-generated you can post it here. The posts in the topic-based contests are examples of your creativity and other than any contest you can always show your creativity here by posting on various topics. It may be disappointing as there are not many posts here yet but for that, we all have to post consistently. Members and editors all have to be active regularly for the growth of SV and I am sure we can do that. So, everyone, please contribute regularly and on various topics to show your creativity.

• Sign In to post your comments