M A Chidambaram Stadium
This is the one of the famous stadium that is situated in our country. I would say that this is situated at Chennai and it is very close to Chennai central. I think it is one of the international stadiums that have hosted many international matches and it would also be doing the same in the mere future. I think the next match would be that of the India vs. West Indies that would be held in the Chennai ground and that too on the weekend, i.e., Sunday. I think there would be a lot of crowd that would appear in the arena to watch the live actions going through. It would be the final One day international match and both the teams would give the tougher opposition.
This is one of the biggest grounds in India that has the capacity to hold more than 45000 spectators and covers an area of 40000 square meters. It is so one of the biggest grounds that can provide accommodation to the players too. It has been stated that more than 175 crores were spend to develop these stadiums and an accommodation of more than 250 people is available over there. The stadium is situated at Chepauk and there are wide transportation facilities to reach the place like MRTS trains from Chennai beach and many buses on that route.
India vs. West Indies match
The last match of the series is scheduled at the MA Chidambaram stadium Chennai and though the team has not been announced yet for the last match there is a huge expectation prevailing in the minds of the public. I think most of the Chennaities are eager to watch the match directly in the stadium and you may not find the suitable website to get your tickets through online and I would like to recommend the following sites through which you can get the tickets for the live actions of the India vs. West Indies 5th ODI.
The sites that deal with the sale of the tickets for the matches are
Details about the Chennai Chepauk stadium
The stadium was built on the year 1916 and it was the only stadium that was built by then in Tamil Nadu and this ground belongs to the Chennai cricket club which is one among most important clubs in our country. This is one among the few stadiums that are suitable to conduct the international matches in our country. This is the practice ground for the Tamil Nadu team and the Chennai team which are one among the best team when it comes to India and IPL tournaments. It is one of the most successful grounds and there are many records that have been created in this stadium by the cricketers and I would discuss them in the later part of my article.
First test match in MA Chidambaram stadium
The first test match in this ground was held in the year 1934 where the nations India and England collided against each other and it was England who won the match very comfortably. The England team won the toss and decided to bat first against India in the first ever test match in the Chidambaram stadium. In the 4 day test match the England started its innings with a flying start the players A H Bakewell was brilliant and he managed to score 85 runs to put pressure on India and was well supported by his teammate Jardhin who secured 65 runs without losing his wicket. With the help of these two batsmen the England team managed to score about 335 runs for the loss of all the wickets and it was continued by India where India was all out for 145 runs and no one performed well as for India and the English Bowler H Varity took 7 wickets for just 49 runs. In the second innings too, the opener of the English side turned out to be the danger for India where the opener batsmen C F Walters scored more than a century to take his side into the safe horizon. And India was bowled out for 249 runs where the batsmen Yuvraj of Patiala scored his maiden half century against the English side. At the end of the match England Won comprehensively by 202 runs.
First One day International for India In this ground
The First One Day international for India in this ground is against Australia in the year 1987 where the Australian team won the match by 1 run defeating the talented India side who had won the World cup just before some years in the year 1983. I would say that the Batsmen G. March scored a 110 run and helped his team to reach the top level in the match where the team scored 270 runs and kept a target of 271 for India to win the match. Though the batsmen Srikanth scored a brilliant 70 runs and the Sidhu scored some 73 runs the team at last had to face a loss as the Australians were at the top throughout the match and they won the anxious first match at this venue.
Records created at this venue
1. Sehwag scored a triple century which is the highest individual score in test matches till now at this venue
2. Saeed Anwar scored the highest individual score in one day international which was also the highest score till a Zimbabwean broke the record and that was again broken by the master blaster who scored the first ever 200 runs in the one day matches.
3. Rahul dravid also has a record at this venue and that is the 10000th run in his career. The ten thousandth run of Rahul dravid was scored at this venue.
4. It is Sunil Gavaskar who scored the maximum runs at this venue and he is followed by Sachin Tendulkar. I think the great man Gavaskar scored about 1018 runs in his career in this ground of India.
5. Sachin has scored five centuries at this venue and this is the highest number of centuries scored by any cricketer in this ground.
6. It is Anil Kumble who is the leading wicket taker here in this ground and he has taken more than 48 wickets in this venue.
7. India won the world cup qualifying match against West Indies here and also won the match comprehensively with 80 runs and went on to win the world cup matches.
8. It is the home stadium for Chennai super kings and the team had managed to win most of the matches held at this venue. The team also won the third and fourth IPL final matches and that were held at this venue.
9. It is the venue where the recent Champions league final took place and that was won by Mumbai Indians by defeating Royal Challengers Bangalore.
These are the various records that the ground holds until now and the ground is considered as the most important venue in Indian cricket.
It is after the World cup that both the team is meeting here to fight against each other on the cricketing field. Though there were matches recently held between the two teams it is only now after a long gap the two teams are meeting in Chepauk stadium.
India vs. West Indies till now
I would say that the West Indies and India have met head to head for almost 56 times where India was won just 12 times but the West Indies team has managed to win most of the matches. The last series was held at West Indies just before the world cup between these two great teams and India won the series and one has to wait and see what happens in this series.
I think I have explained briefly about the stadium that is situated at Chepauk, Chennai and I have also explained about the forthcoming one day match against the teams West Indies and India. Hope India performs better to win the series in a comfortable way.