Tamilnadu Bitter gourd or Pavakkai chips Recipe
Bitter gourd known as Pavakkai in tamil is one of the healthy vegetables. This is not liked by many because of its bitter taste. This is a very good recipe for diabetic and also those who have stomach ulcers. Read the article and do this Bitter gourd chips Pavakkai Chips at home and enjoy.
Check out the details of more
Tamilnadu special recipes
Tamil daily recipes
Ingredients needed to make Pavakkai Chips
Bitter gourd - 2
Bengal gram flour -1/2 cup
Rice flour -2 tsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Asafoetida -a pinch
Salt and chilli powder to taste
Oil for deep frying
Preparation of Tamilnadu Bitter gourd or Pavakkai chips Recipe
1. Peel the skin of bitter gourd slightly, then immerse this in salt water for 10 minutes.
2. Take the Pavakkai out from water and keep in the fridge for 5 minutes so that it gets drained of the water.
3. Now slice this into thin round pieces.either in a slicer or just with a knife.
4. Keep this aside and prepare the besan.
5. Take a vessel and mix the Bengal gram flour, rice flour, turmeric powder, chilli powder, asafetida and salt with a little amount of water.
6. To this add the sliced pavakkai's and mix well by sprinkling water.
7. Heat oil in akadai and put these coated bitter gourds in oil and fry till it is crispy.
The hot pavakkai chips is ready to be served with sambar sadam or any variety rice.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...