All of us like to have a mouth-watering dessert once in a while or to serve it to the guests at home. When we think of a dessert, the first thing that comes to our mind is a pudding. Among the vast variety of puddings, one of the easiest pudding to make is the Rice pudding. But, the traditional way of preparing a rice pudding has some drawbacks such as, it requires standing beside it and continuously stirring the pudding so as to ensure that the right taste and consistency has been achieved, also the rice shouldn't get stuck to the bottom of the vessel and the milk also should not overflow, while the pudding gets ready. Now, to overcome this strenuous task of preparation and do a tasty rice pudding without having to worry about such things, here's a Rice Pudding recipe which you can make easily without having to spend much time while preparing it.
1. Unboiled (pasteurized) Milk - 1/2 litre
2. Steamed rice - A Handful
3. Sugar - Twice the quantity of rice
4. MTR Badam Mix - 2 tsp (optional. This is to enhance the taste)
4. Ghee - 2 tsp
5. Halved cashews - 7 or 8 nos.
6. Cardamom powder - 1tsp. (This need not be used if using MTR badam mix)
Method of Preparation
1. Take a pressure cooker and add ghee.
2. Once the ghee gets heated up, fry the cashews in the ghee till they are golden brown.
3. After they are golden brown, add milk to this.
4. Then add sugar, rice, cardamom powder/MTR Badam mix. Please take note that if you are adding the Badam (almond) mix, you don't need to use cardamom powder as the mix itself contains enough cardamom flavor. Adding both might make cardamom flavor too strong which, not everyone might like. Mix everything together and close the lid of the pressure cooker.
5. Now turn the flame to low and put on the weight. Note the time when you put the weight on. That's all! Now for half an hour you need not bother about the rice pudding that will be getting ready and you can go about doing your chores. Please note that since you have put the stove on low, the weight will not raise. So. it's very important to remember to come back to it in half an hour.
6. Exactly half an hour after you put the weight on, you can turn off the gas stove and transfer your dessert to a bowl immediately and your rice pudding will be ready to serve.
In case you feel any adjustments are to be made to the sweetness or that the pudding is very thick, you can always add some more sugar/milk accordingly and it will not spoil the taste.
Now, Enjoy the yummy dessert!
Advantages of preparing by this method
1. It is a very time saving method of preparing the dessert since you can also go and complete your other tasks while making it ready.
2. Since you are preparing it in a pressure cooker you need not keep stirring it continuously like how you do in the traditional method. So it is a very easy and worry-free way to prepare a dessert that is also more tasty.
3. Preparing in a pressure cooker also brings out the best taste since the milk is boiled very well and the consistency of the milk also looks great.
No responses found. Be the first to comment...