Lau Chingri - Another Delicious Bengali Recipe
Lau Chingri is a preparation of Prawn with Gourd. It is one of the common food item for both rural and urban Bengal.
This preparation is for 6 people.
Prawns - 500 grams
Garam Masala Powder - 1 small spoon
Turmeric Powder - 1 and half small spoon
Red Chilli Powder - 1 small spoon
Coriander Powder - 1 small spoon
Cumin Powder - 1 small spoon
Cumin Seeds - Half small spoon
Bay Leaves or Tej Patta - 2-3 leaf
Gourd - 1 kilogram
Onion (chopped) - 1 medium size
Mustard Oil - 3 table spoon
Ghee - 2 table Spoon
Salt - around 2 small spoons
Sugar - 2 small spoons
Water - 2-3 spoons
1. Wash the prawns well and marinate it with salt and turmeric powder.
2. Boil the gourd till it gets softens.
3. Now heat some oil in fry-span and fry the prawn till it gets light golden
in colour. Don't fry it for too long. Leave them aside.
4. Again heat the rest of the oil in the fry span.
5. Now add bay leaves in this oil along with cumin seed. Don't burn it.
6. Add chopped onions and fry it till it gets golden brown.
7. Now add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, cumin powder, coriander
powder, salt and sugar. Add some water into it and singe it until the oil
8. Now add the fried prawns and boiled gourd into it.
9. Allow it to cook it for sometime in low flame.
10. Add garam masala into it.
11. Add ghee into it.
Serve it with hot rice or roti.
I am Shankhadeep Kargupta.