Recipe Of Chicken Curry ( U.P Style)
Recipe of chicken curry cooked on medium/low flame. This is a typical Uttar pradesh style of cooking chicken curry in mustard oil.
Recipe of Chicken curry (typical UP Style)
Ingredients of Chicken Curry
The ingredients for making this style of chicken curry are:
•Garlic 15-16 flakes
•Mustard oil – 1 cup
•Whole 4-5 curry leaves, 3 big cardamom, 5 cloves, 2 green cardamom and daal chini.
•Turmeric powder 1/2 tsp
•Meat/Chicken masala 2 tsp
•Red chilly powder to taste
•Salt to taste
Time required for preparing Chicken Curry: 1 hr
No. of Servings: 4
Chicken Curry(U.P Style) Preparation Method:
1. Deep fry chicken pieces in mustard oil. Keep it aside.
2. Cut the onions in half ring slices and peel the garlic.
3. Now in the same oil put the whole masala, onion and whole flakes of garlic.
4. Sauté until it turns brown.
5. Put turmeric powder, chilly powder and meat masal.
6. Keep sautéing while putting a little little water, till the masala starts
7. When the masala is cooked put the chicken pieces and cook on medium flame.
8. Keep putting little little water and let it cook slowly.
9. Garnish with freshly cut coriander leaves and,
10. Serve hot with chappati or rice and onion slices as salad.