You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Games & Sports

2023 ICC Women's T20 World Cup - India vs Australia M.A.P.

Let's play a fun cricket game! India is meeting Australia tomorrow in the first semifinal of the 2023 ICC Women's T20 World Cup. It's not going to be an easy game, considering we are meeting the defending champions who have won the T20 World Cup on two earlier occasions, in 2018 and in 2020. So they will be raring to go to make a hat-trick. Of course, our team are no minnows and have strong credentials. It is hoped that everyone holds their nerves and defeat the champions.

Let us make our predictions-
    1. Which team will bat first?
    2. Name the player who will make the most runs.
    3. Name the player who will take the most wickets.
    4. Name the captain who will make more runs than her counterpart.
    5. Name the wicket keeper who will take more catches than her counterpart.
    6. Name the bowler who will take five or more wickets (both teams together). If you think none of them will have a rich haul, give your prediction as 'Nobody'.
    7. Which team will win?
    8. Name the player of the match.

Make your predictions in a response to this thread. Do not put the questions, just list your predictions. For every correct prediction, you will get 1 point and 1cc. If you get all 8 correctly, then you will get double.

Closing time for predictions: midnight tonight.
    My predictions are as below -
    1. Australia.
    2. A J Healy.
    3. M Schutt.
    4. H Kaur.
    5. R Ghosh.
    6. Nobody.
    7. India.
    8. J Rodrigues.

My predictions:-
    1. Australia.
    2. A J Healy.
    3. M Schutt.
    4. H Kaur.
    5. R Ghosh.
    6. Nobody.
    7. Australia.
    8. J Rodrigues

It would be good if members paid attention to announcements! This was posted yesterday, and the closing time was midnight yesterday. I had also mentioned that I would be organizing MAPs for the semifinals and the final in this thread, and that it would be the day before the matches. However, since there are few members here, we will give points (not cc) to correct predictions.

I will close this thread now and re-open it later for giving the result.

Dr Sanchita, sorry to say, but I get the impression that you have simply copy-pasted the response by Umesh and changed only one prediction because you have written the names exactly as he has, with the initial for the name, and with the full stop, too, at the end. This was the case for the other MAPs as well. I do not think you have done any independent predictions based on looking up the teams and guessing.

Here is the result-
    1. Which team will bat first? - Australia
    2. Name the player who will make the most runs. – Beth Mooney
    3. Name the player who will take the most wickets. - Shikha Pandey, Darcie Brown, and Ashleigh Gardner each took two wickets
    4. Name the captain who will make more runs than her counterpart. – Harmanpreet Kaur
    5. Name the wicket keeper who will take more catches than her counterpart. Alyssa Healy
    6. Name the bowler who will take five or more wickets (both teams together). If you think none of them will have a rich haul, give your prediction as 'Nobody'. - Nobody
    7. Which team will win? - Australia
    8. Name the player of the match. – Ashleigh Gardner

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.