You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

November 2023 Topic-based contest – Drive

Who doesn't like to watch a cover drive especially when the ICC Men's Cricket World Cup is going on? I am sure almost all of us and there are a lot more games remaining in this World Cup to enjoy more such drives. Now the topic is not related to cricket in any way but is associated with many things.

This month's topic: Drive

What you have to do: Simply post a thread in the relevant category and on the topic with a suitable title. Think of the topic from various viewpoints and pen down your thoughts. After you post the thread do provide a clickable link in a response to this thread. If you are unable to provide a clickable link, at least copy and paste the URL of your thread here.

General rules:
    1. The entry has to be in English only and follow the forum posting guidelines.
    2. No poems or stories, please. Also avoid topics on war, guns and violence. Post a general and compact entry.
    3. A maximum of two entries on different standpoints on the topic can be posted by a member.

Contest prizes:
    1. A cash reward of Rs 25/- and 25 points for the best entry (a good response from all of you will surely help us to consider increasing the prize money).
    2. We are also considering a second prize of Rs 20/- and 20 points.
    3. Other suitable entries may be given enhanced points.

The last date for submission of entries is 11 November'23.
    "No poems or stories, please. Also avoid topics on war, guns and violence. Post a general and compact entry."------How much boring can it be? Ideal way of killing creativity of the villagers!

(My personal opinion)

"Tera chehra kitna suhana lagta hain; Tere aage chand purana lagta hain"--Kaif Bhopali

Partha K,

The use of guns has increased all over the world, violence also increased manifold and we are getting depressing news of violence from all around us almost daily. I don't think anybody supports war. Moreover, a new beginning happens after the destruction only as no creativity can take place amidst gunfire in war-torn areas. At least, here we can avoid such topics in this contest.

Do you find it too boring? Lots of things are happening all around us which can drive you to post something interesting. Isn't it?

Many members might be interested in writing a piece of poem or story or some matter related to current affairs or history of the world.
    What I feel is we can have a separate contest where freehand writing can be permitted so that members can write on a varied topics and subjects of socio-political importance or economics or sociological aspects related to various activities and thought processes going on in this world.
    Let the present contest continue in its mentioned form which is a very specific one and is being undertaken in many websites where creative writing on a particular topics are invited with restrictions not allowing to venture in all the areas.
    SV management team can ponder on this and maybe we can have a freehand writing opportunity through another contest.
    We are already posting our posts on a variety of subjects in the forum section here. Maybe one of them could be adjudged as the best post of the month awarding a nominal cc. It is also true that more number of awards can only be given once the site starts earning on its own.
    Would not the above measures attract more traffic to this site? What the members feel about this?

My entry for this contest is as under -
    Some people have no drive for progress

• This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
    If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.